Turn on thread page Beta

Can schools/sixth forms make allowances for poor attendance due to depression? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm just not coping very well. I'm depressed, and being in school regularly exacerbates the situation a lot and makes it impossible for me to actually recover.

They've been lenient with me in the past when I've not attended - they know I'm depressed - but this year I need to be in 100%. I'm not coping, and I know that I'm not going to do as well as I should do this year because of it.

I've talked to the head of sixth form who said he doesn't really have a choice, I guess the LEA or Ofsted or whoever else has identified it as a problem.

I'm just wondering if anyone here knows of anything I can do.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    They can sometimes make allowances. Have you also talked to your GP about this? I'm sure they've come across this before.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 1970
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.