Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My cousin might die due to cancer Watch

ReputationRep:
    My grandad died from cancer when I was 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shoriffmiah)
    Have you guys had a relative who was diagnosed with cancer? share your story's in this thread.
    Aunt died of a brain tumour.

My condolences about your cousin.

Will keep them in my thoughts and prayers.

ReputationRep:
    Have you guys had a relative who was diagnosed with cancer? share your story's in this thread.
    I lost my Dad to lymphoma when I was 7. He foolishly ignored all of his symptoms for months, and when he finally did go to the doctors, they initially thought it was just coeliac disease (it runs in his side of the family). By the time the cancer was diagnosed it had spread beyond treatment and he sadly died not long after.

On a more positive note, a friend of mine was also diagnosed with lymphoma last September. Came as quite a shock as he is only 23, but he did 6 months of chemo and just last month was given the all clear. So there is always hope. Cancer is by no means a death sentence, many types are very survivable.

ReputationRep:
    Im sorry for your loss
    it's okay thanks. i didn't like to see her suffer
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    I have a friend who had cancer 4 years ago. He's now fine, but still needs check ups.

Granddad died from it. First had it in 2010 and survived. He got it again (different type) in 2013 and died.

ReputationRep:
    Grandad died of lung cancer which spread to his liver about a month and a half ago and my great uncle Tony had bowel cancer which he survived

ReputationRep:
    Not family but as good as, I lost one of my best friends to lung cancer last year.

It was a difficult time as she only knew for 12 weeks and it had already metastasis, spread to her liver.

I am a Christian and so was she, our faith helped although we cannot help but question God why. At least we feel we have an eternal hope and that what the bible says is true, life is short.

Miss her every day.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 5, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.