Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fat loss progress and feeling small/self conscious around other guys. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Here is my fat loss progress since September. I was in the gym today and a guy who has known me for a long time said I was small. I am not lifting as big weights like I did before, my deadlift is the lift that has suffered the most as I find it much harder to maintain strong form (it has always been a weakness).

I train because I want to look good, but yeah, I am just self conscience that other guys at the gym and in everyday life respect me less because I am taking the route of trying to get the six pack (10% bf) and then slowly bulking up. I used to train just for strength and hitting the numbers. But nowadays, I am a lot more bothered about just staying as lean as possible while keeping as much muscle as possible.

(Mind my skin, I have post inflammatory hyperpigmentation from eczema that will not clear until a few months)

Guess what I want to say is, I know I look a lot better than I did, but I also feel a lot more self conscious around other guys... just want some words of advice really.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    If you stood straight and not flexing your quad, would make judging size easier.

Your not big, but your not tiny either from what I can see

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    If you stood straight and not flexing your quad, would make judging size easier.

Your not big, but your not tiny either from what I can see

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I have this pic but i'm still flexing a little, didn't take any others. I want to be big and shredded eventually, but I know its going to take a lot of work to get there, if at all possible as a natural. At my gym people are usually big but with quite a lot of bodyfat, or they're quite small but a lot leaner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James.Carnell)

Hi, I have this pic but i'm still flexing a little, didn't take any others. I want to be big and shredded eventually, but I know its going to take a lot of work to get there, if at all possible as a natural. At my gym people are usually big but with quite a lot of bodyfat, or they're quite small but a lot leaner.
    Well done on losing weight and i wouldn't call you small you have a decent size.
    The other guys probably been lifting for years so don't let them get you down they were once your size .

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious about how long you've been training and what kind of numbers you were hitting at the bigger size. Cos no offense but I'm guessing the answer is 1. not that long and 2. not that much.

I never really understand the logic of cutting to a certain BF just to bulk again. I think you would be better off staying at the same weight and recomping, or just gaining really slowly. As you're discovering with your lifts, the cut is a period of unproductive training which you don't need to go through unless you have a specific reason or person to impress or whatever. And again no offense, but at your current size I don't think you'll look very impressive at all by the time you've cut to a six-pack weight.

Good job on the weight loss..

ReputationRep:
    You have lost some serious weight... Good job dude. I don't know what the time period is but you should be seriously proud of yourself. You seem to be at a reasonable body fat now and can either cut a bit more or begin a lean bulk. Nice transformation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    I'm curious about how long you've been training and what kind of numbers you were hitting at the bigger size. Cos no offense but I'm guessing the answer is 1. not that long and 2. not that much.

I never really understand the logic of cutting to a certain BF just to bulk again. I think you would be better off staying at the same weight and recomping, or just gaining really slowly. As you're discovering with your lifts, the cut is a period of unproductive training which you don't need to go through unless you have a specific reason or person to impress or whatever. And again no offense, but at your current size I don't think you'll look very impressive at all by the time you've cut to a six-pack weight.

Good job on the weight loss..
    Yeah, it does not even look like I lift when I have clothes on when I will get to six pack weight. However, because my face looks a lot better and I am getting more positive responses from girls, I am happy. I am lifting just to impress girls really.

I lifted 155kg 1x5 deadlift but it was not great because i was fat.

ReputationRep:
    How much did you weigh in the pre fat loss photo and then afterwards? Also and how tall are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    How much did you weigh in the pre fat loss photo and then afterwards? Also and how tall are you?
    Pre fat loss I was 195 pounds, now I am 162 pounds. I am 1.79m.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 8, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.