Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Unhealthy hair?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I was just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on what to do about my hair. It gets really greasy on the day after I wash it and so I have to wash it every two days otherwise it won't look or smell nice. But because I'm washing it so often, my hair is going really thin and isn't very healthy. Is there any way to make my hair healthier without reducing how often I wash it, cus I kinda need to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The holy grail:

http://www.boots.com/en/Lee-Stafford...-200ml_854442/

Also how much shampoo and conditioner are you using? if you use too much/little it can unbalance the natural oils in your scalp causing it to become really greasy so quickly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justmoll28)
    The holy grail:

http://www.boots.com/en/Lee-Stafford...-200ml_854442/

Also how much shampoo and conditioner are you using? if you use too much/little it can unbalance the natural oils in your scalp causing it to become really greasy so quickly
    Oh thank you Uhmm yea I use quite a lot of shampoo actually, but little conditioner..I never knew that could have an effect on it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dry shampoo.

ReputationRep:
    Do you use conditioner? If so it might be best to stop for a few days as using conditioner can make your hair greasiest in less time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arr18)
    Oh thank you Uhmm yea I use quite a lot of shampoo actually, but little conditioner..I never knew that could have an effect on it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    the shampoo will be drying your scalp out - so your scalp is overcompensating, just use less for a couple of washes and see if it makes a difference

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justmoll28)
    the shampoo will be drying your scalp out - so your scalp is overcompensating, just use less for a couple of washes and see if it makes a difference
    Will do thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    Do you use conditioner? If so it might be best to stop for a few days as using conditioner can make your hair greasiest in less time
    Yes I use it each time I wash my hair😭 but I'll try that too thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.