Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Police Talk - Girls are 'asking' for it by wearing school skirts above the knee. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Etomidate)
    Girls in developing countries being stoned to death because they want to educate themselves is why we need feminism.
    Just because girls aren't being stoned to death in this country doesn't mean feminism isn't needed. Modern western feminism has its issues for sure, but things like this showing that we still have people in authority with such unhelpful and sexist attitudes and that the OP's teachers invited in someone with these attitudes to project them onto children in the first place demonstrates that perhaps feminism isn't completely redundant in the western world just yet despite what many (particularly on here) seem to think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polysexual Nymph)
    Or female attention - don't be sexist.
    We all know men are worse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    Ladies and gentlemen, third-wave feminism in a nut-shell.

ReputationRep:
    Or female attention - don't be sexist.
    My mistake. I'm sincerely sorry

ReputationRep:
    Ladies and gentlemen, third-wave feminism in a nut-shell.
    Yes

KILL ALL MEN :mob:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Etomidate)
    Girls in developing countries being stoned to death because they want to educate themselves is why we need feminism.
    Mine workers dieing in developing countries are why we need workers rights and struggles. Not for pampered western doctors.

ReputationRep:
    you disgust me.
    Spoiler:
    Show

agreed
    That includes you cretin

ReputationRep:
    That includes you cretin
    the ends justify the means i guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DougallnDougall)
    Your definitely not overreacting. I hope you challenged that archaic attitude when it was expressed. I'm very quiet in class but hell would freeze over before I'd listen to that and remain silent.
    OP is definitely exaggerating.

ReputationRep:
    you disgust me.
    Spoiler:
    Show

agreed
    A bit harsh. You can't blame all men. It's just a minority.

ReputationRep:
    the ends justify the means i guess
    I've changed my mind you can stay

You're too cute

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by National Grid)
    OP is definitely exaggerating.
    I'm just stating what most of the people in my year believe. I understand 100% where they are coming from but they could have put it a bit more nicely to a room of easily influenced girls.

ReputationRep:
    Doubt the accuracy of OP's account.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say they're half right tbh. Short skirts do attract attention, but I wouldn't go as far as saying their asking for it. No one asks to get raped. But those that wear really short skirts are doing it for attention, and sometimes that attention is from sexual predators.

There are very few reasons to wear short skirts imo, when I mean short skirts, I mean really short skirts. The only realistic reason I can see is that they're looking for attention.

ReputationRep:
    Shorter skirts are bound to make one look more sexually attractive, but that doesn't correlate to them "asking for it". You should still blame the men, in the end it's their fault for doin' the stuff.

In a way I sort of see what the officers were trying to get at (dressing in an attractive manner is gonna effect dudes becuz dayum) but they could not have chosen a worse way to put it if they tried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This is why we need feminism.
    Er... no

ReputationRep:
    The number of people who believe this actually happened hurts my brain.

ReputationRep:
    Ermm, i can also say 'we all know women are better cleaning the house and cooking'

Dont start bringing your sexist views in a discussion

What a disgusting thing to say; shorter skirts do not warrant unwanted male attention, harassment etc.
    LOL
    girls know guys will look with their skirts so short and tight, they are not asking for rape, but they are certainly looking for the attention.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    Mine workers dieing in developing countries are why we need workers rights and struggles. Not for pampered western doctors.
    Haha wrecked.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.