Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I can't distinguish between a guy being friendly or crushing.... Watch

ReputationRep:
    What signs shows he's friendly vs crushing?

I need to know the signs for the future lol

ReputationRep:
    If they're the sort to repress their feels their can be very little difference between the two. More random glancing/staring at you maybe.

For the more outgoing sorts it's usually pretty obvious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    If they're the sort to repress their feels their can be very little difference between the two. More random glancing/staring at you maybe.

For the more outgoing sorts it's usually pretty obvious.
    What about example:
    Glances at you randomly on and off... some can be deep stares from behind. ( they don't realise you're aware they're looking)
    They ask whether you need help
    Help u even tho u don't ask...
    Tries to create a convro so if i say to someone else it doesn't mean that... and he just butts in yeah lifestyle can affect too....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonbabes)

Its quite simple.
    A guy that doesn't like you will not get nervous around you.
    He won't flirt with you, he won't playfully flirt with you.
    He won't go out of his way to help you.

ReputationRep:
    What about example:
    Glances at you randomly on and off... some can be deep stares from behind. ( they don't realise you're aware they're looking)
    Tries to create a convro so if i say to someone else it doesn't mean that... and he just butts in yeah lifestyle can affect too....
    Depends on if he does that much to other people I suppose. If they were to be doing that very specifically to you then perhaps :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DatSHINee)
    Its quite simple.
    A guy that doesn't like you will not get nervous around you.
    He won't flirt with you, he won't playfully flirt with you.
    He won't go out of his way to help you.
    Oh okay thanks LOL look above I included info on an example...

ReputationRep:
    Depends on if he does that much to other people I suppose. If they were to be doing that very specifically to you then perhaps :sexface:

Yeah Cuz i think it's only me...

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay thanks LOL look above I included info on an example...
    no no no, currently i am unable to scroll up.
    if you want expert advice, you will need to quote me, that way you get answer and i get notification and feel special.

ReputationRep:
    no no no, currently i am unable to scroll up.
    if you want expert advice, you will need to quote me, that way you get answer and i get notification and feel special.
    What about example:

ReputationRep:
    What about example:
    A lot of these things you have pointed out can be revolved around defusing awkwardness.
    For glances, he might find you attractive or he might think you're acting strange/weird. Or he glanced because you said something and he was thinking about what you said while glancing at you to try understanding you.
    helping you, depends on situation. If you're struggling to lift things and you see me and i see you, what am i just gonna walk past like *nope didn't see anything
    For the last one, he might feel left out so wants to join in or maybe he likes you.
    But the golden question is, are you hot?

ReputationRep:
    A lot of these things you have pointed out can be revolved around defusing awkwardness.
    For glances, he might find you attractive or he might think you're acting strange/weird. Or he glanced because you said something and he was thinking about what you said while glancing at you to try understanding you.
    helping you, depends on situation. If you're struggling to lift things and you see me and i see you, what am i just gonna walk past like *nope didn't see anything
    For the last one, he might feel left out so wants to join in or maybe he likes you.
    But the golden question is, are you hot?
    I am NOT hot.

ReputationRep:
    If you're a babe, probably crushing..

ReputationRep:
    I am NOT hot.
    Do you have a nice personality
    Is he hot?

ReputationRep:
    I am NOT hot.
    hot is subjective like tho innit

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a nice personality
    Is he hot?
    Meh it's alright...

Nah he's not that good looking

ReputationRep:
    hot is subjective like tho innit
    ey?

ReputationRep:

every guy is different, you will know when you do if its more than just friendliness

ReputationRep:
    Meh it's alright...

Nah he's not that good looking
    me thinks you're being humble and do intact have a nice personality.
    If I'm honest, i think he does find you attractive.
    Give us another situation.

ReputationRep:
    ey?
    Different things are hot to different people

I think my best m8's girlfriend is wholly unattractive while he disagrees with me, he reckons my crush is totes not good lookin, and so on.

subjective depending on the person innit, ey?

ReputationRep:
    I got into trouble with this and my now ex
    being "overly friendly" with random women
    so like
    if he's popular and everywhere he goes another female is casually throwing him a hi right
    or asking him for help and he obliges
    he could just like attention idk

women dont like men like that because they might not want to be competing with flatterers. hence now why I'm recently single again.

if he's not that kinda guy
    and it's kinda special treatment like he's not popular, outgoing etc but still helps you, talks to you, perks up he may or may not like you
    i say may not like you because
    there are guys who like girls who wont ever say or show it when she's right there
    it just depends it's too complex
    you need to just figure out his social ways and if he flirts a lot, wrapping his arms around women's neck/shoulder/waist and walking and talking, basking in attention

you might then have to get solid confirmation from HIM NOT US that he likes YOU more than THEM

tough task but good luck

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 25, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.