Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Had a mock interview for a Social Work degree interview today with a career advisor and they told me i can take my notes into the interview with me.
    Surely this can't be right??? Has anyone ever done this?

ReputationRep:
    yeah you can, most subjects get you to bring in prompts and what not, think of how many people they have to interview, they cant afford to waste time with people who get stage fright when asked a simple question etc.

ReputationRep:
    i guess you can if they said so. Don't forget to revise the notes, but also have a good nights sleep before hand, and try not to worry too much? Maybe get your favourite playlist on a mp3 player, if that helps you to unwind? before hand...

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if it will help but I've downloaded a relaxation hypnosis track to help me drift off to sleep cause i doubt i'll be getting any sleep considering how nervous i am :/ Have to be up at 5am to catch the train so will go through my notes one last time then and hopefully i won't need them as not sure it would look very good if I took notes in. Been preparing for a month and the careers advisor said i was excellent but as soon as i enter an interview situation i fall to pieces and forget everything!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamiB1)
    Not sure if it will help but I've downloaded a relaxation hypnosis track to help me drift off to sleep cause i doubt i'll be getting any sleep considering how nervous i am :/ Have to be up at 5am to catch the train so will go through my notes one last time then and hopefully i won't need them as not sure it would look very good if I took notes in. Been preparing for a month and the careers advisor said i was excellent but as soon as i enter an interview situation i fall to pieces and forget everything!
    i would still take the notes in, on a single side of a4, if you think they would help you, and they told you you could. The worst that can happen is that they will say no on the door? good luck also. i'm drinking a bottle of beer now, and i also have a university presentation tomorrow. So help me god!

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
University of Plymouth resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.