Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically I applied through UCAS in October, so quite early, and now have decided realistically I am not going to enjoy university on the course and universities I have chose (due to living standards in London and the courses outside of London I chose). I was hoping for Warwick to be on UCAS extra as the occasional course sometimes is (I was hoping for Acc/Fin). Sadly it isn't, and so my plan is to apply for Acc/Finance at Warwick and Bath next year, and if I get any A*s apply for economics. Is it too late for me to have a productive gap year? I can't exactly afford to volunteer for 9 months for £5000-£10,000 and I would much rather get some work experience in the finance sector or something that would be worthwhile, since they may be disappointed I have gone on a gap year when I am doing something that requires high mathematical ability.

If anyone has any suggestions feel free to reply! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    trust your gut feeling, nobody can force you to do either..

ReputationRep:
    You can just take the gap year. If you feel it's best for later outcomes. Decline all offers when the time comes and use the year wisely.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.