Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What age will you be ready to have a baby? Watch

ReputationRep:
    What age do you consider fine to have a baby and I don't know who to have a baby with but I want to study for a few years I just feel broody

ReputationRep:
    i know exactly what you mean, i really want to go through pregnancy now and have a baby asap but i want to finish uni and settle down first with a decent job etc, probably between 27-30

ReputationRep:
    I don't want children but if I changed my mind I definitely don't think I'd be ready until I'm at least 30
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Mid 20s

ReputationRep:
    Late 20s to early 30s

ReputationRep:
    Late 20s

ReputationRep:
    \aleph_0

ReputationRep:
    I currently feel like ever having children would just get in the way of my career plans (or rather put me behind by about a year), and my life in general. If I ever change my mind, then it's not going to happen before 30. I'd probably be a horrible mother anyway though.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    From a guy's perspective: finished education, at least mid 20s, house, independant, stable job, good credit rating and no criminal history. That's when I believe someone is ready to be a father. Obviously I'm aware that's not how it works out in reality.

ReputationRep:
    When I'm happy with life, so I'm not looking at any time soon :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Cool guys thanks for your opinions 😄

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nadile)
    I currently feel like ever having children would just get in the way of my career plans (or rather put me behind by about a year), and my life in general. If I ever change my mind, then it's not going to happen before 30. I'd probably be a horrible mother anyway though.
    No I think you will be a good mother though 😊

ReputationRep:
    Late 20's. I hope
    When my career is stable and after marriage. A proper father figure is essential in regards to having kids. I'll also make sure that I'm responsible enough (tho I'll be watching cebeebies with them)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Final Fantasy)
    From a guy's perspective: finished education, at least mid 20s, house, independant, stable job, good credit rating and no criminal history. That's when I believe someone is ready to be a father. Obviously I'm aware that's not how it works out in reality.
    That's really a good example of being ready for fatherhood

ReputationRep:
    I'll let you know when I have one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    I don't want children but if I changed my mind I definitely don't think I'd be ready until I'm at least 30
    Good for you 😊

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justmoll28)
    i know exactly what you mean, i really want to go through pregnancy now and have a baby asap but i want to finish uni and settle down first with a decent job etc, probably between 27-30

That's sensible

ReputationRep:
    27 Onwards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glamourprincess)
    That's sensible
    tempted to have one sooner rather than later, ive felt broody for months now!!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by glamourprincess)
    That's really a good example of being ready for fatherhood
    Do you really think so? I still don't think I'm ready for a family in spite of all that. Maybe a few more years or never. :sigh:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.