Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What age will you be ready to have a baby? Watch

ReputationRep:
    When I'm 30 I'll be ready.

ReputationRep:
    Late 20s I think but if I do have children I think I'll hold out until my early thirties.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I'll probably have a child at late teens early-mid twenties

ReputationRep:
    For me, if fate permits it, I would like to have a baby at the age of 28 to 30 years old. I think I will be matured enough to be a mother that time.

ReputationRep:
    around 20 but obvs if im married. i get broody all the time lol

ReputationRep:
    Next year when I'm 25. Y'all shouldn't leave it too long. Having kids late isn't good as a user has already pointed out,the quality of egg/sperm decreases as you age.

ReputationRep:

I thought the word 'broody' had only one, non-reproduction-related meaning before I saw this thread. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Next year when I'm 25. Y'all shouldn't leave it too long. Having kids late isn't good as a user has already pointed out,the quality of egg/sperm decreases as you age.
    Yeah, but it's fine for people who want 1 child. I want a whole litter so I have to start early. I'm not going through all of this monthly pain for nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    Yeah, but it's fine for people who want 1 child. I want a whole litter so I have to start early. I'm not going through all of this monthly pain for nothing
    Amen. Same here but I'm already 24 now,which sucks and the years are just flying by

ReputationRep:
    Feels like never! Haha im not sure anyone is ever ready
    Id probably say it ideally have one 28-32, that age range

ReputationRep:
    Don't want kids, but if I decide I do it won't be until 30's, career first

ReputationRep:
    You're never ready to have a baby.

And the more you wait until you think you are ready, the less ready you will probably be.

Babies ruin your life. And then build it up again better than it ever was before. That is the way of tiny people.

SS

ReputationRep:
    neeeeeeeeveeeeeeeer :lol: I was a monster growing up - why would my own hypothetical children be better? the only kind of kid I'd ever want to raise would be one that stayed silent and out of my sight, yet not somewhere without my knowledge, and didn't ask for loads of expensive stuff

(Original post by Supersaps)
    You're never ready to have a baby.

And the more you wait until you think you are ready, the less ready you will probably be.

Babies ruin your life. And then build it up again better than it ever was before. That is the way of tiny people.

SS
    That's a very cute way of putting it.

ReputationRep:
    possibly late 20s, early 30s

first career, then kids

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glamourprincess)
    What age do you consider fine to have a baby and I don't know who to have a baby with but I want to study for a few years I just feel broody
    32...33? I want to qualify for my job first if that even happens.....hopefully find someone by then also.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there is ever an optimum time, there will always be something that keeps popping up, noisy neighbours, your car has failed its MOT, a friend is onto their third baby and it's making you question your life, etc. I honestly believe that children will come into your life when you need them to, to shape you as a person, to teach you many things, and to discover the highs and lows of being a parent

Nutshell: have a little one when you're in a place to mentally and financially cope with the life-long impact a child will have on you and your life :five::heart:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    Why did I think you were a guy? o.O
    I dunno tbh

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.