Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    A nice clock just in case you aren't counting down the days.

Don't January exams feel like they were years ago? :moon:

Post your hopes, fears, dreams, predictions, how you're celebrating/comforting yourself and what you actually get.

Good luck! :rave::rave::rave:

Grade boundaries are out :eek4:

ReputationRep:
    Yay!! Thanks Sean for the tag

Who else is nervous?

Which exams did you guys sit?

ReputationRep:
    ...I'd forgotten about this. Thanks for the reminder.

Nah, seriously though, thanks for the thread. I'll be sad because I've got no clue when I'm getting my results. My exam centre has no clue how to handle these things. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Which exams did you guys sit?
    Good idea!

I did:
    C1-4
    M1-3
    S1-2
    FP1
    Physics 1-3.

You (and everybody else who posts!)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Good idea!

I did:
    C1-4
    M1-3
    S1-2
    FP1
    Physics 1-3.

You (and everybody else who posts!)?
    OMG that's more exams than I sat at AS - Jeez that's mad!

I only sat Edexcel Unit 4 IAL Physics lol

ReputationRep:
    OMG that's more exams than I sat at AS - Jeez that's mad!

I only sat Edexcel Unit 4 IAL Physics lol
    #MessedUpEducation :lol:

How are you feeling about it?

ReputationRep:
    #MessedUpEducation :lol:

How are you feeling about it?
    I think I need to go re-read your OP blog post.. That's hella interesting :eek:

To be honest quite 50-50. Having seen the online mark schemes, whether I get the mark I want will unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) come down to the grade boundaries for the session. We'll have to see :dontknow:

How about you? :O

ReputationRep:
    I think I need to go re-read your OP blog post.. That's hella interesting :eek:

To be honest quite 50-50. Having seen the online mark schemes, whether I get the mark I want will unfortunately (or maybe fortunately) come down to the grade boundaries for the session. We'll have to see :dontknow:

How about you? :O
    The mark you want is full UMS, right?
    Think all my core modules went awesome. Messed up all the applied ones and (embarrassingly so) messed up FP1. It'll come down to boundaries, hopefully they'll be kind. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    The mark you want is full UMS, right?
    Think all my core modules went awesome. Messed up all the applied ones and (embarrassingly so) messed up FP1. It'll come down to boundaries, hopefully they'll be kind. :lol:
    I really hope so :cry2:

Oh well done on Core! Don't worry about FP1 lol - you know you have the ability regardless so worst comes to worst there is always June - and I'm sure A2 module revision will make mince meat (in the famous words of that Greek Mathematician) of FP1/early applied

ReputationRep:
    I really hope so :cry2:

Oh well done on Core! Don't worry about FP1 lol - you know you have the ability regardless so worst comes to worst there is always June - and I'm sure A2 module revision will make mince meat (in the famous words of that Greek Mathematician) of FP1/early applied
    I wager 1 personal rep that you get a full UMS.

Yeaaah, I don't think I'll be resitting them though! I just want to meet my offer, I don't mind scraping 90 UMS anymore, it'll just be a dent to my pride.

ReputationRep:
    I wager 1 personal rep that you get a full UMS.

Yeaaah, I don't think I'll be resitting them though! I just want to meet my offer, I don't mind scraping 90 UMS anymore, it'll just be a dent to my pride.
    I'll wager 5 personal reps - If I get full you and Ayman are going to be rich men :rofl:

Oh I totally get that! Yeah that was me with S1 last year - It dented my pride hugely but I couldn't complain because it wasn't below an A. First world problems :argh:

ReputationRep:
    I'll wager 5 personal reps - If I get full you and Ayman are going to be rich men :rofl:

Oh I totally get that! Yeah that was me with S1 last year - It dented my pride hugely but I couldn't complain because it wasn't below an A. First world problems :argh:
    Oh, wait. Sorry, I don't know how to do this wager thing properly. This is better: If you get full UMS, you give us rep. If you don't, then I will change my profile picture on TSR to me placing a trophy on my head on stage at graduation and looking like an autistic banana. :lol:

Yeah, I get you. Oh well, I think I've done alright on S1, messed up S2 because of those stupid explanation questions! Argh. Defo messed up M3, hoping to scrape by M2 and M1 was worse than I thought. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Oh, wait. Sorry, I don't know how to do this wager thing properly. This is better: If you get full UMS, you give us rep. If you don't, then I will change my profile picture on TSR to me placing a trophy on my head on stage at graduation and looking like an autistic banana. :lol:

Yeah, I get you. Oh well, I think I've done alright on S1, messed up S2 because of those stupid explanation questions! Argh. Defo messed up M3, hoping to scrape by M2 and M1 was worse than I thought. :lol:
    OMG I accept - I accept I accept I accept!!! :rofl:

No worries dude! With core out of the way, that's an A* in maths for you! Further maths I think will be a pushover also considering you have more modules than you need - also you are very strong in the FPs which is a huge plus. How're you feeling with physics?

And let's work out some wagers for you

ReputationRep:
    OMG I accept - I accept I accept I accept!!! :rofl:

No worries dude! With core out of the way, that's an A* in maths for you! Further maths I think will be a pushover also considering you have more modules than you need - also you are very strong in the FPs which is a huge plus. How're you feeling with physics?

And let's work out some wagers for you
    Thanks for that, I hope the A* is as much of a pushover as you say it is.

Sounds fun. - forget all the cores, that'd be no fun! Let's do something based on M1. That one can go very badly or very well. :lol: What do you have to offer?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that, I hope the A* is as much of a pushover as you say it is.

Sounds fun. - forget all the cores, that'd be no fun! Let's do something based on M1. That one can go very badly or very well. :lol: What do you have to offer?
    Hmm well aside from boring rep, I'd be willing to share a half pic of my face? Idk if you'd be interested :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm well aside from boring rep, I'd be willing to share a half pic of my face? Idk if you'd be interested :rofl:
    Unmasking spoody? Definitely! I'm intrigued.

Reminds me of this: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Unmasking spoody? Definitely! I'm intrigued.

Reminds me of this: :rofl:

Err yes except my unmasking would be much less romantic :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Err yes except my unmasking would be much less romantic :rofl:
    Not with me there. :perv:

(shh, don't tell tinkerbella, she'll get jels)

ReputationRep:
    Not with me there. :perv:

(shh, don't tell tinkerbella, she'll get jels)
    I definitely won't tell tinkerbella~!

ReputationRep:
    I definitely won't tell tinkerbella~!
    u srs brah y u do dis

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.