Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If you miss your offer you have to send them a copy of your results form asap with the ums you got, but otherwise if you meet it its legally binding so makes no difference f you get 600/600 or 480/600 with 90% in a2 units
    (Original post by aymanzayedmannan)
    Oh okay, that makes sense! So the 95% UMS stuff doesn't really apply once you already have an offer. Seems simple enough on paper I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    How did you do Zacken?!
    #IslandLyfe.

My centre has no clue when my results are coming in. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Yeah, you want high AS UMS to get up your chances of an offer/interview but then, if you do manage an offer and it is specified as something like A*A*A + 1, 1 in II, III (in my case) - you need only get those grades and they're then obliged by law to take you in if you do get those, irregardless of UMS. If you miss the teeniest condition, they're no longer bound to take you, but they can if they wish.
    Just checking - and sorry if this seems a bit random - is this irrespective of your criminal status? Because in the US if you have any update to your criminal history, you must immediately inform the university and they have the right to reassess. Not that I'd expect you to have experience

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Hope this is true!
    (Original post by Student403)
    That is not true, I don't think Zacken correct me if I am wrong

But in normal A level to get an A* you need 180/200 in C3+4 and an A overall. You have 180, so now you just need an A overall (480/600). 480-200-180-89 = 11UMS

ReputationRep:
    Just checking - and sorry if this seems a bit random - is this irrespective of your criminal status? Because in the US if you have any update to your criminal history, you must immediately inform the university and they have the right to reassess. Not that I'd expect you to have experience
    Rightly so. Same applies in the UK. :rofl: I'm sure that that's something that concerns you greatly, though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seemawad98)
    Thank you Hope this is true!
    If you don't believe him, it's in the IAL specification. Just look up the section under "Grade reporting" or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aymanzayedmannan)
    You're right, he needs 11 UMS XD
    She* but thanks lol

ReputationRep:
    Rightly so. Same applies in the UK. :rofl: I'm sure that that's something that concerns you greatly, though...
    Ahh cheers! Indeed :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Thanks man

I think I will!
    If nothing works out, we IALer's still have June session, and I'd really recommend you focus on Unit 5 and 6.

I know you will ace those units.

ReputationRep:
    #IslandLyfe.

That sucks! I can't even begin to imagine the suspense of not having any idea when you're going to get your results! Can't your centre contact the exam board?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaadKaleem)
    If nothing works out, we IALer's still have June session, and I'd really recommend you focus on Unit 5 and 6.

I know you will ace those units.
    Thanks a lot man! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    If your status changed then the contract is no longer valid so they're no longer contractually obliged to take you. The same is true of subject choices - even if they made you an offer on say maths fm physics if on ucas you said you were doing chem as well the contract technically isn't valid if you don't take chem (although if you informed them they would possibly allow you to drop it)

ReputationRep:
    Yep, that's correct. You need 180/200 in C34 minimum as well as 480/600 over your maths A-Level, so you only need 11 UMS in your M1 as 403 said; congratulations on those marks.
    Should've done better in S1 but thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    That sucks! I can't even begin to imagine the suspense of not having any idea when you're going to get your results! Can't your centre contact the exam board?
    Oh well, nothing I can do about it. My centre is utterly clueless, they don't even know what the online system thing is. :facepalm: I'll get it when I get it, I suppose. I'll update y'all when I do.

Ahh cheers! Indeed :laugh:
    Actually, I might have to worry about it too; in case things like this happen to me! :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student403)
    cheers

although i will personally strangle you seemawad if you actually get that :rofl:
    hahahahhahahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samb1234)
    If your status changed then the contract is no longer valid so they're no longer contractually obliged to take you. The same is true of subject choices - even if they made you an offer on say maths fm physics if on ucas you said you were doing chem as well the contract technically isn't valid if you don't take chem (although if you informed them they would possibly allow you to drop it)
    Cheers! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    #IslandLyfe.

That's very unprofessional of them, they should get it through Edexcel Online/EDI or through Mail definitely 1 day before the actual results day by Pearson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by seemawad98)
    Should've done better in S1 but thank you
    UMS doesn't matter; getting that A* does and you have that in the bag. :-)

ReputationRep:
    Oh well, nothing I can do about it. My centre is utterly clueless, they don't even know what the online system thing is. :facepalm: I'll get it when I get it, I suppose. I'll update y'all when I do.

Actually, I might have to worry about it too; in case things like this happen to me! :laugh:
    LOL :rofl:

The thing is, I would call him good looking, yes, but there are many more like him in Saudi/UAE/Qatar :erm: And noone is going mental over them xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaadKaleem)
    That's very unprofessional of them, they should get it through Edexcel Online or through Mail definitely 1 day before the actual results day by Pearson.
    It's a public organisation, so clueless government pencil pushers who have no clue what's going on and couldn't care less. I sent them an email detailing how to sign up for Edexcel Online but they said that they weren't going to go through the trouble for just one candidate. :laugh: Oh well, nothing I can do about it now. :dontknow:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.