The Student Room Group

IAL results day!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student403
:rofl: I very much doubt that'll happen.. But I'll let you know how it goes lol

When are you sending it off and when does it come back, approximately? :biggrin:
@aymanzayedmannan
@PlayerBB

Could you guys tell me what the verdict is? What shall be done? :colone:

Sorry Zain I have failed you :rofl: Looks like it's time for a profile pic change!

did i lose????
Original post by Zacken
When are you sending it off and when does it come back, approximately? :biggrin:
I'm not quite sure when it'll come back :unsure: could be a while!
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
did i lose????
You've actually satisfied 2/3 conditions for your success wager, so well done you :borat: Up to you? What do you wanna do? XD

Original post by seemawad98
You'll get to learn the language soon! Have you ever tried mansaf? It is so good! and btw what did you sit for in January?

No I haven't! I should try to soon though :3 I sat Unit 4 Physics
Original post by Sumaiyya1999
My teachers actually told us not to on such grades cuz A was like on 96 and there is a big gap

its actually a 2 mark difference
You've actually satisfied 2/3 conditions for your success wager, so well done you :borat: Up to you? What do you wanna do? XD

It's fitting actually, I promised 3 "punishments" for 3 conditions, so I guess I'll have to pick just one, m'lord. :wink:
It's fitting actually, I promised 3 "punishments" for 3 conditions, so I guess I'll have to pick just one, m'lord. :wink:

2, ain't it? :eek: AND LOL

m'lord and sire, are we? :wink:
Remarking A level papers.

I read an article on this a while back (but I cannot remember where - I just searched and came up empty) but it was by a former marker at AQA. They commented that remarked exams 1/2 the time drop in score (by an average of 8 points), stay the same 1/4 of the time and increase by an average of 2 points for the others. The reason for this skewed data is that the initial markers tend to err on the generous side and on remarking do not.
Original post by get_dem_A_stars
Remarking A level papers.

I read an article on this a while back (but I cannot remember where - I just searched and came up empty) but it was by a former marker at AQA. They commented that remarked exams 1/2 the time drop in score (by an average of 8 points), stay the same 1/4 of the time and increase by an average of 2 points for the others. The reason for this skewed data is that the initial markers tend to err on the generous side and on remarking do not.

Thanks for this.. I should definitely bear this in mind

Oh, hello there peasant. :wink:
Thanks for this.. I should definitely bear this in mind

I can't find the article when I search for it now. But the gist of the piece was that you ask for a remark when it is really important and especially no negative consequences if you drop in score. The author was pretty adamant that of course errors occur but that the initial markings tend to be overly generous and remarkings are not.

Anyway, food for thought as they say.
I can't find the article when I search for it now. But the gist of the piece was that you ask for a remark when it is really important and especially no negative consequences if you drop in score. The author was pretty adamant that of course errors occur but that the initial markings tend to be overly generous and remarkings are not.

do you think i should order my scripts and ask my teacher mark it
Original post by tsrthrowaway
do you think i should order my scripts and ask my teacher mark it

Personally I'd just live with what I got. What you suggest just keeps the saga ongoing.
Original post by tsrthrowaway
its actually a 2 mark difference

I would still say its better to resit cuz no one has ever got theirr results improved in alevel from my college

Thanks

Is it possible to reorder the script and then remark upon reflection?
Thanks

I guess but I honestly don't know.
I guess but I honestly don't know.

Alright thx
Thanks

You can ask for a photocopy of the script. That then gives you the option of a remark if you wish to.
Original post by tiny hobbit
You can ask for a photocopy of the script. That then gives you the option of a remark if you wish to.

This isn't possible where I live. Once you have asked for access of the script, you cannot remark anymore. Kind of beats the point, really. :dontknow: You have to remark completely on your intuition unfortunately. I'm not sure if this would apply to him, though.
It's not possible to remark once you have access to script.
This isn't possible where I live. Once you have asked for access of the script, you cannot remark anymore. Kind of beats the point, really. :dontknow: You have to remark completely on your intuition unfortunately. I'm not sure if this would apply to him, though.

I think there's a difference between getting a copy of the script/access to the script sent to you and getting a photocopy of the script. The latter allows you to re-mark, the former doesn't. (AFAIK).

Quick Reply

Latest