Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    tagging PlayerBB because she finished up maths and a few other modules this january

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aymanzayedmannan)
    :rofl: you guys kill me
    How're you feeling about results?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    How're you feeling about results?
    Indifferent - optimistic about M2 and S1, not so much about FP1. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Indifferent - optimistic about M2 and S1, not so much about FP1. :cry:
    Ohh okay - any you're on the edge with?

ReputationRep:
    Ohh okay - any you're on the edge with?
    That's all I sat I'm really, really hoping M2 was as good as I think it was and that the boundaries are kind. I'm hoping for 95+ in S1 since I definitely lost 2 raw, 94+ in M2 since I lost 4ish raw, and possibly scrape 85+ in FP1 but even that looks unrealistic now.

ReputationRep:
    That's all I sat I'm really, really hoping M2 was as good as I think it was and that the boundaries are kind. I'm hoping for 95+ in S1 since I definitely lost 2 raw, 94+ in M2 since I lost 4ish raw, and possibly scrape 85+ in FP1 but even that looks unrealistic now.
    Oooh okay - Speaking of FP1

My friend got 51 UMS in FP1 at AS but got an offer from Imperial last night

ReputationRep:
    Oooh okay - Speaking of FP1

My friend got 51 UMS in FP1 at AS but got an offer from Imperial last night
    Ah so there is hope for me! What's his offer? Imperial seem to be making some ridiculous ones this year. Is he doing Maths? That'd be even cooler

ReputationRep:
    Ah so there is hope for me! What's his offer? Imperial seem to be making some ridiculous ones this year. Is he doing Maths? That'd be even cooler
    He's doing electrical engineering Not sure of the offer yet - he only got an email from Imperial but UCAS hasn't updated yet

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering but if I do the June sittings of c1+c2+s1 this June (the normal ones, not IAL)... but If i wanted to do the Core 3 sitting the January after (IAL), it would count towards my final grade right? Or are IAL and the edexcel exams completely separate? I have been doing a few IAL papers and they do have the edexcel board so I was just wondering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarunH1)
    I was just wondering but if I do the June sittings of c1+c2+s1 this June (the normal ones, not IAL)... but If i wanted to do the Core 3 sitting the January after (IAL), it would count towards my final grade right? Or are IAL and the edexcel exams completely separate? I have been doing a few IAL papers and they do have the edexcel board so I was just wondering
    Separate, I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarunH1)
    Wouldn't work. All your exams either need to be IAL or GCE

ReputationRep:
    He's doing electrical engineering Not sure of the offer yet - he only got an email from Imperial but UCAS hasn't updated yet
    congrats to him! is ICL his first choice? my dad's side of the family is persistent on me going there, but I haven't even gotten an offer yet xD

ReputationRep:
    congrats to him! is ICL his first choice? my dad's side of the family is persistent on me going there, but I haven't even gotten an offer yet xD
    Oooh I see

Actually he's similar to your situation. ICL is his first choice yes but it will be very tough on his father financially, so most likely he will end up at UToronto or Waterloo

ReputationRep:
    tagging PlayerBB because she finished up maths and a few other modules this january
    Hey thank you for the tag! I didn't know this thread exists
    I have done this January:
    C34 , M1 and chemistry unit 4

I think I have done pretty well in C34 (hoping for an A*). I don't know about the M1 though as I have messed up a whole question so hopefully the grade boundaries won't be that high! For chemistry unit 4, I think I did good but not great as the exam was long and I didn't have the chance to complete a question!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlayerBB)
    Hey thank you for the tag! I didn't know this thread exists
    I have done this January:
    C34 , M1 and chemistry unit 4

I think I have done pretty well in C34 (hoping for an A*). I don't know about the M1 though as I have messed up a whole question so hopefully the grade boundaries won't be that high! For chemistry unit 4, I think I did good but not great as the exam was long and I didn't have the chance to complete a question!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ooh another IALer

aymanzayedmannan would you and PlayerBB like to make some wagers on your modules like me and Zacken did? :rofl:

ReputationRep:

aymanzayedmannan would you and PlayerBB like to make some wagers on your modules like me and Zacken did? :rofl:
    YES! They have to. I second it! :rofl:

I swear every other results thread is normal, is it just us? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)

Nah this thread is 10x better because of the wagers

ReputationRep:
    The wagers should go in the OP or something.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh another IALer

(Original post by Zacken)

Let's do it mates 😎 I'm betting on all of you after I get on my laptop

ReputationRep:
    Let's do it mates 😎 I'm betting on all of you after I get on my laptop
    Yes. :cool:

I think I'm going to base our wager on FP1 for you, 'cause I'm sure you've done better than you think :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.