Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlayerBB)
    Lool thank you so much!! I've been stuck on it for ages!
    Hey so sorry for late reply it was bugging me for ages!😂
    Hope this is right:
    I calculated original moles of ammonium sulphate which is 0.0227 and the moles we have already calculated which was 1.23x10-2 so then I divided 1.23x10-2 by original moles 0.0227 to get me 54.12%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haj101)
    Hey so sorry for late reply it was bugging me for ages!😂
    Hope this is right:
    I calculated original moles of ammonium sulphate which is 0.0227 and the moles we have already calculated which was 1.23x10-2 so then I divided 1.23x10-2 by original moles 0.0227 to get me 54.12%
    Thank you so much for your effort and I guess that's right!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlayerBB)
    Thank you so much for your effort and I guess that's right!!
    You're welcome xx
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Hunnybeebee)
    Anyone got tips on how to do and answer nmr questions? (Ocr)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Always check the integral trace ratio and the molecular formula to get the numbers of hydrogens in each environment.

Remember the (n+1) rule for splitting only applies to non-equivalent protons, equivalent protons do not split.

'Creep' gives a clue as to which signals are coupled together (it may or may not be apparent).

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have acces to the ocr F321 chem paper or a pdf file of it? Need it for revsion!!!. 😕

ReputationRep:
    URGENT!anyone can please post link for 2016 chemistry 9701 application booklet for paper4 section B please,thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    can someone please describe how you do a calorimetry practical?

ReputationRep:
    F321 f322 2015 papers anyone!!!
    Send to me please and you will get a* in all your exams
    God is great

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When predicting whether a reaction would occur in redox, how do you determine which equation is LHS and which is RHS?

Only part of redox I don't understand

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hussain96)
    When predicting whether a reaction would occur in redox, how do you determine which equation is LHS and which is RHS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    by looking at the equation of the reaction you are predicting, then seeing what substance gets reduced and which gets oxidised then doing Ered-Eoxi

ReputationRep:
    hi , can anyone tell me what topics are going to be tested on paper 1 and what is being tested on unit 2 and whats on both so i can revise

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hussain96)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi,

So you can look at the reduction half equations that you are given and look at the half cell values. The most negative one is Oxidised and goes on the Left hand side (I remember LON - left oxidation negative) and then the more positive one is reduced and goes on the right hand side (RRP- right reduction positive).

All you then have to do it reverse the reduction equation for the most negative cell to make it an oxidising half equation instead and add the two together to get the overall equation.

Hope this helps a bit

ReputationRep:
    For the empa, are you allowed to fix a mistake on your practical task when you take the written? like if your answer obviously doesn't make sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackdaniels45542)
    For the empa, are you allowed to fix a mistake on your practical task when you take the written? like if your answer obviously doesn't make sense.
    Yes you can

ReputationRep:
    I just found out that they are going to test us on all the practicals we done in the exam im doing as level aqa and i cant remember the experiments can somone please give me a list or something??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louisss)
    can someone please describe how you do a calorimetry practical?
    According to my exam syllabus:
    1) prepare samples of the solutions of different concentration/volume
    2) Calibrate the colorimeter using a blank solution and an appropriate filter
    3) Add solution to cuvette and add to the colorimeter
    4) Record percentage absorbance/ transmission for the sample
    4) Repeat for different samples
    5) Draw graph of percentage absorbance again concentration/ volume

Hope this helps!!!

ReputationRep:
    How would you name this?

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1463327302.581917.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  51.5 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glavien)
    How would you name this?

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1463327302.581917.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  51.5 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is it methyl 2-methylpropanoate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiney101)
    Is it methyl 2-methylpropanoate?
    Not too sure, it was made up, but how did you get that?

ReputationRep:
    i was just wondering if we have to learn organic chemistry for paper 1 AS level which is on the 27th may?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.