fazugfx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey guys, I have an interview for St Andrews to study Medicine in about 2 weeks but I'm too excited to wait until then to learn more about what happens after third year. I was wondering if anyone know the process in which St Andrew's handles how it disperses its students across the other medical schools. I applied for the "S" campus so I'll most likely be in Aberdeen, Dundee, Glasgow or Edinburgh but was wondering as to how they select people for each University. Thank you in advance!
-Jimmy
imogen_forsyth
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'd love to know the answer if you ever did find out what happens after third year?
Okorange
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by fazugfx)
Hey guys, I have an interview for St Andrews to study Medicine in about 2 weeks but I'm too excited to wait until then to learn more about what happens after third year. I was wondering if anyone know the process in which St Andrew's handles how it disperses its students across the other medical schools. I applied for the "S" campus so I'll most likely be in Aberdeen, Dundee, Glasgow or Edinburgh but was wondering as to how they select people for each University. Thank you in advance!
-Jimmy
They rank you based on your 2nd year 1st semester grades and give you your first choice based on your preference.

You can also apply outside of the system to other schools, usually several students a year will end up at other British or International schools, people have gone to Cambridge, McMaster, King's, UCL etc.
Voraw
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How does the process of applying outside the system work?
theresheglows
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Voraw)
How does the process of applying outside the system work?
You apply directly to the medical school you want to go to for clinicals - they have to be happy to accept transfers, you need a letter of recommendation from the Dean of medicine at St Andrews and there's sometimes an application form to fill out (e.g. in the case of applying to Cambridge), and you go for interview. You can do this alongside your allocation for the usual St Andrews partner schools, so you're guaranteed a place somewhere.

Incidentally this thread is 2 years old
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (189)
29.35%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.46%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
9.01%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.39%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.92%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.88%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.9%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.11%

Watched Threads