Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Recently my best friend has been hanging around with this group of people who like to hang around the town centre at night, I've only been with them once but they danced in front of CCTV cameras and sat in the market square playing loud music, I found it boring, stupid and also it was freezing. I haven't been out with them since but my best friend has, apparently he has seen fights in mcdonalds and has tried to get chases off the police. I told him I didn't enjoy hanging around town at night and he said that "this is teenage life" and I have to "get used to it". I'm concerned he might get dragged into something bad as I don't really like the group of people he is with and it doesn't seem safe. But also I don't see what is fun about hanging around in the cold in the centre of town at night. What should I say to him to make him see my point of view?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Peer Support Volunteers
    So basically be a ned/chav.

No thanks.

ReputationRep:
    **** him, focus on school and dont let him drag you down
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    It's not all about the gangster life, you do your thing and don't get influenced.

ReputationRep:
    That sounds awful tbh, don't their parents care where they are??

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I would, because I'm not a tight, stuck-up toff. jfc of course it would be TSR to act all high and mighty

Nothing wrong with getting drunk and hanging around with your friends, as long as you don't do anything illegal, or harass others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Yes, I would, because I'm not a tight, stuck-up toff. jfc of course it would be TSR to act all high and mighty

Nothing wrong with getting drunk (in public) and hanging around with your friends, as long as you don't do anything illegal, or harass others.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CE65CFXUkAE4t9X.jpg

ReputationRep:
    k just add in the (in public) bit. Besides, most police officers don't care if you're drunk unless you're underage or are acting 'disorderly'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by northeast2000)
    Recently my best friend has been hanging around with this group of people who like to hang around the town centre at night, I've only been with them once but they danced in front of CCTV cameras and sat in the market square playing loud music, I found it boring, stupid and also it was freezing. I haven't been out with them since but my best friend has, apparently he has seen fights in mcdonalds and has tried to get chases off the police. I told him I didn't enjoy hanging around town at night and he said that "this is teenage life" and I have to "get used to it". I'm concerned he might get dragged into something bad as I don't really like the group of people he is with and it doesn't seem safe. But also I don't see what is fun about hanging around in the cold in the centre of town at night. What should I say to him to make him see my point of view?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I use to do things like that and have friends like that.
    Looking back at it, my mum forcing me to leave them was the best thing that ever happened.
    I ended up doing well in education.
    Please do your best and save your friend from that lifestyle, i look back at all those people i use to hang around with when i was 12-16, not one of them made it anywhere.
    Just tell him to give me a call, ill talk some sense into him.

ReputationRep:
    Ewww chavs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Ewww chavs
    :rofl: A thicket of chav's. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Yes I would.

ReputationRep:
    chavs aren't in my town centre at night but there are creepy homeless folks...
    I wouldn't mind hanging out though
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Have done once before

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    There was a time when a chav night out wouldn't be complete without downing a litre of white lightning and bricking a shop window. Now they gently gyrate to tinny dance music in front of CCTV and complain about the cold. Kids today....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by northeast2000)
    apparently he has seen fights in mcdonalds and has tried to get chases off the police. I told him I didn't enjoy hanging around town at night and he said that "this is teenage life" and I have to "get used to it".
    He sounds like a real tough cookie :laugh:

If this is a troll it's a good one. Fine work.

(Original post by Alfed)
    :rofl: A thicket of chav's. :lol:
    We can think up a better collective noun than that.

'An aggression of chavs'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    We can think up a better collective noun than that.

'An aggression of chavs'?
    i googled it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.