I am disgusted today

Watch
TeeEm
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am disgusted today with this question ... I have spent then last 10 hours on it and I am about to pull my hair out as I do not even know what topics it involves ...

EDIT
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5&postcount=91
Attached files
16Characters....
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
\text{sheep } \leq L \leq \text{ candle}

Where L is the length of the spring.
Zacken
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by 16Characters....)

:rofl: I'm dying. This is brilliant. :lol:
16Characters....
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Zacken)
:rofl: I'm dying. This is brilliant. :lol:
The joke's on me, \text{sheep} > \text{candle}. I hadn't actually thought of that before sending.
Zacken
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
The joke's on me, \text{sheep} \geq \text{candle}. I hadn't actually thought of that before sending.
Ah, yes - you can't solve nonsensical Facebook questions, you must be utterly horrid at mathematics.
Marxist
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 5 years ago

omg... :rofl2:
Ladymusiclover
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
I don't get it.
TeeEm
Rep:
94 views and nothing sensible ...
this question begins to annoy me ...
TeeEm
Rep:
any hints?
Ayman!
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TeeEm)
any hints?
Will give it a rip when I'm home. Energy the way to go?
TeeEm
Rep:
(Original post by aymanzayedmannan)
Will give it a rip when I'm home. Energy the way to go?
Energies only if you can handle Lagrangian/Hamiltonian Mechanics ...
TeeEm
Rep:
who is the top dog in mechanics in Forum 38?
TheBBQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Could you assume that you get a right angled triangle for the actual length of the spring, with x being the displacement of the particle?

So the hypotenuse is sqrt(x+l)?

Or maybe it is just normal shm with the acceleration having a cosine component and the displacement having a sin component?
TeeEm
Rep:
(Original post by TheBBQ)
Could you assume that you get a right angled triangle for the actual length of the spring, with x being the displacement of the particle?

So the hypotenuse is sqrt(x+l)?

Or maybe it is just normal shm with the acceleration having a cosine component and the displacement having a sin component?
a very hairy problem ...
a lot harder than it looks ...
TheBBQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TeeEm)
a very hairy problem ...
I'll have a crack at it on my train home tonight. Do you have a set of numerical answers? And this must be A-level standard right?
TeeEm
Rep:
(Original post by TheBBQ)
I'll have a crack at it on my train home tonight. Do you have a set of numerical answers? And this must be A-level standard right?
A level knowledge still (AQAers have an advantage)
Answer 1<=length <=3
Student403
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TeeEm)
a very hairy problem ...
Well that's brilliant because already it looks impossible

:emo:
Zacken
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Student403)
Well that's brilliant because already it looks impossible

:emo:
I know right... :emo:
Marxist
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TeeEm)
A level knowledge still (AQAers have an advantage)
Answer 1<=length <=3
Are we talking about M2-M3 knowledge?
TeeEm
Rep:
(Original post by Marxist)
Are we talking about M2-M3 knowledge?
depends on the board ....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (10)
6.25%
October 2021 (79)
49.38%
November 2021 (15)
9.38%
December 2021 (23)
14.38%
January 2021 (14)
8.75%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (16)
10%