Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Could you be friends with someone who cheats/has chested? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Today an ex friend told me that they cheated on their girlfriend with someone in my college. I told them that I wanted to terminate our friendship due to the fact that they had did something seriously wrong.

Could you still be friends with someone who has cheated?

ReputationRep:
    I definitely don't agree with it but if it were in the past and they knew they were wrong, who am I to judge?

ReputationRep:
    yeah... it's their life.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I could be friends with someone who cheated but I couldn't be in a relationship with someone who cheated

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Spock's Socks)
    I could be friends with someone who cheated but I couldn't be in a relationship with someone who cheated

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly what I was going to say

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I'm friends with an ex who cheated on me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MLPforever)
    Today an ex friend told me that they cheated on their girlfriend with someone in my college. I told them that I wanted to terminate our friendship due to the fact that they had did something seriously wrong.
    Sorry we cant hear you all the way up there from Highandmightyville

ReputationRep:
    Not if it was done to a close friend. If my friend hates you I hate you, well not really I just have no reason to remain friends with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keturah)
    Yes. I'm friends with an ex who cheated on me.
    That wasn't the question

ReputationRep:
    It depends.

Someone who has cheated in the past and is remorseful, sure I could be friends with them.

But someone who is a consistent cheater and continues to cheat and sees nothing wrong with it? Nope, I like my friends to have morals thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't really want to be close friends with someone I knew was that dishonest and who didn't care about other people's feelings but a casual friend it would be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Platopus)
    Exactly what I was going to say
    also what i was going to say

ReputationRep:
    I am only friends with people who have similar standards of morality.

Spoiler:
    Show
    By that I mean other serial cheaters. :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Not if they weren't remorseful and didn't regret it. That says a lot about them as a person and I just wouldn't want to be friends with someone like that. Otherwise, as long as they were a good friend, I wouldn't care.

I would never ever enter a relationship with someone who had previously cheated though. I did it once, got burned, and learned my lesson. Never again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    That wasn't the question
    Meh, I'm friends with someone who has cheated. I think that pretty much answers the thread title.

ReputationRep:
    ya why the **** not lmao

ReputationRep:
    I could be friends with someone who has cheated, I would say that the friendship might be slightly different from friendship with people who haven't, I couldn't however be friends with someone who cheated on me

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.