Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoldtheDoor)
    How long did it take for them to email you? I'm still at processing for three applications.
    After the deadline I think.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm having the same problem - I have years in client services. Again, I don't think I'm making the wrong choices, in fact I'm making pretty much exactly the same as those people who are posting answers saying they were successful. Not sure where going wrong.

Does anyone know if they just say that when they've hit a maximum number of applicants?

I'm not trying to find excuses or reassure myself, I'm just confused about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyGrech)
    Absolutely worked!!!!!! failed on 10+ applications at the questionnaire stage before I found this, Literally 2 answers make the difference
    WHICH 2?? Please help

ReputationRep:
    Applied to tescos for around 4 jobs. Was rejected 10+ times before coz didnt use to pass the screening but got lucky to have found all the answers here. Thanks everyone for that. They asked to upload right of work. Uploaded passport , indefinite leave to remain card and my uk cotizenship certificate but still saying send complete document so uploades p60. Does anyone how long it takes for them to decided to get back to people . I applied in manchester, deansgate and prestwich stores.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Man16)
    Here are my answers since the above posts lacked some questions. I got through with these answers. http://imgur.com/N66wAw5
    Thanks for that! You're a lifesaver, these are the answers I managed to pass the online questionaire with as I was rejected previously.☺️

ReputationRep:
    Don't feel too disheartened with regards to failing the application questionnaire. I am a university law graduate with a 2.1 and straight A's in my A-levels and I failed.

Questions are ridiculous and debateable!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prophet55)
    Hey, thank you a lot for replying however I actually finally managed to get them correct myself. ;D I've been to two interviews from two different Tesco stores since I have applied, including one today. Both went quite well.

Here's my screenshot of the answers just incase someone wants mine aswell.

https://i.gyazo.com/42d0e8c2d98c59db...87f45db76e.png

How did the interview go??

ReputationRep:
    So I applied for 3 different positions, 3 days ago got past the screening section, was looking today and applied for another (different hours) and it says I was unsuccessful even though the screening answers were just copied from my previous applications 😂It's just ridiculous it seems to be more luck than "correct" answers 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prophet55)
    Hey, thank you a lot for replying however I actually finally managed to get them correct myself. ;D I've been to two interviews from two different Tesco stores since I have applied, including one today. Both went quite well.

Here's my screenshot of the answers just incase someone wants mine aswell.

https://i.gyazo.com/42d0e8c2d98c59db...87f45db76e.png

??

ReputationRep:
    Question 1: You are refilling a section of shelves in the store which you need to have completed before your break. Your manager approaches you and asks you to take your break an hour earlier as one of your colleagues needs to leave early today. Answer: Agree to change the time of your break and check with your manager that you can finish refilling the section after your break.Question 2: You have been serving at the checkout during your shift. It has been a quiet morning and the store has not had many customers. There are no customers waiting to be served at your checkout. A customer on the checkout next to you is struggling to pack their shopping. Answer: Leave your checkout and help the customer to pack their shopping.Question 3: What are your expectations of a typical day in the life of a Customer Assistant at Tesco? Answer: Spending most of my time providing customers with excellent service and focusing on restocking and general store standards when no customers require assistance.Question 4: You are just about to go on your lunch break. A customer asks you to help them with their shopping. Helping the customer will mean taking a shorter lunch break. Answer: Help the customer with their shopping and ask your manager if the time of your lunch hour can be changed to later because you were helping a customer.Question 5: You usually work in the fruit and vegetables section but the clothing section will have a shortage of staff for three days next week. Your manager asks you to work in the Clothing section while they need the extra help. Answer: Spend a few hours making sure you understand the new tasks that you will be doing in the clothing section.Question 6: Your manager asks you to cover your colleague’s work as they are off sick. You already have a full day’s work planned. Answer: Agree on the most important tasks for the day with your manager.Question 7: You are cleaning up spilt yoghurt which, if left, could be dangerous for customers. A customer asks you to help them to take their shopping to the checkout. Answer: Tell the customer that you would be happy to help them with their shopping once you have finished cleaning up the spilt yoghurt.Question 8: You have just returned from your break and are about to start refilling the sweets aisle when a customer approaches you to complain that the apples they bought tasted very bitter. Answer: Listen to the customer’s complaint so that you can decide on the best way to help the customer.Question 9: In your opinion, what is the most important quality you should have to work at Tesco? Answer: A passion for providing excellent customer service.Question 10: The store is expecting a very busy week before a holiday season starts. Additional staff will be needed in the store so that everything still runs smoothly. Your manager says that if anyone can do any extra shifts it would be greatly appreciated. Answer: Check your diary and commit to any extra shifts where you have the time.Question 11: There are road works being done on your normal route to work for two days next week. This may delay your journey by as much as half an hour each way. Answer: Leave for work earlier than usual to try to beat the traffic and make sure that you arrive on time.Question 12: You are collecting stock from the back of the store to use to refill some of the shelves in your section. You notice that there is some stock missing for the third time in the past two weeks. Answer: Talk to your team leader about the missing stock when you have a chance to do it quietly.Question 13: What type of job do you think you would most enjoy? Answer: One where each day is different, and I am frequently helping a variety of customers.Question 14: You notice a customer is looking for something in the section you are working in and you offer to help. The customer is looking for barbeque utensils but these are a seasonal product and are not available at this time of year. Answer: Tell the customer that barbeque utensils are not stocked at this time of year but offer to check the stockroom.Question 15: A customer approaches you in the store and asks why they cannot find the product that they are looking for. The product has been discontinued and so the store cannot stock it anymore. Answer: Carefully explain the situation to the customer and recommend a similar product that the customer could use instead.Question 16: You are working at the checkout and have a growing queue of customers to serve. As you scan a product for a customer, you notice that it has been charged at full price although you know that it is on sale. The line manager you need to correct the price is currently helping another customer with a query. Answer: Apologise to the queue of waiting customers and alert your line manager to correct the price of the product.

ReputationRep:
    closw this **** what is this

ReputationRep:
    Thanks all of us for your big help :-D.
    Below are the answers for today's application ;-)

Question 1: You are refilling a section of shelves in the store which you need to have completed before your break. Your manager approaches you and asks you to take your break an hour earlier as one of your colleagues needs to leave early today.
    Answer: Agree to change the time of your break and check with your manager that you can finish refilling the section after your break.

Question 2: You have been serving at the checkout during your shift. It has been a quiet morning and the store has not had many customers. There are no customers waiting to be served at your checkout. A customer on the checkout next to you is struggling to pack their shopping. Answer: Leave your checkout and help the customer to pack their shopping.

Question 3: What are your expectations of a typical day in the life of a Customer Assistant at Tesco?
    Answer: Spending most of my time providing customers with excellent service and focusing on restocking and general store standards when no customers require assistance.

Question 4: You are just about to go on your lunch break. A customer asks you to help them with their shopping. Helping the customer will mean taking a shorter lunch break.
    Answer: Help the customer with their shopping and ask your manager if the time of your lunch hour can be changed to later because you were helping a customer.

Question 5: You usually work in the fruit and vegetables section but the clothing section will have a shortage of staff for three days next week. Your manager asks you to work in the Clothing section while they need the extra help.
    Answer: Spend a few hours making sure you understand the new tasks that you will be doing in the clothing section.

Question 6: Your manager asks you to cover your colleague’s work as they are off sick. You already have a full day’s work planned.
    Answer: Agree on the most important tasks for the day with your manager.

Question 7: You are cleaning up spilt yoghurt which, if left, could be dangerous for customers. A customer asks you to help them to take their shopping to the checkout.
    Answer: Tell the customer that you would be happy to help them with their shopping once you have finished cleaning up the spilt yoghurt.

Question 8: You have just returned from your break and are about to start refilling the sweets aisle when a customer approaches you to complain that the apples they bought tasted very bitter.
    Answer: Listen to the customer’s complaint so that you can decide on the best way to help the customer.

Question 9: In your opinion, what is the most important quality you should have to work at Tesco?
    Answer: A passion for providing excellent customer service.

Question 10: The store is expecting a very busy week before a holiday season starts. Additional staff will be needed in the store so that everything still runs smoothly. Your manager says that if anyone can do any extra shifts it would be greatly appreciated.
    Answer: Check your diary and commit to any extra shifts where you have the time.

Question 11: There are road works being done on your normal route to work for two days next week. This may delay your journey by as much as half an hour each way.
    Answer: Leave for work earlier than usual to try to beat the traffic and make sure that you arrive on time.

Question 12: You are collecting stock from the back of the store to use to refill some of the shelves in your section. You notice that there is some stock missing for the third time in the past two weeks.
    Answer: Talk to your team leader about the missing stock when you have a chance to do it quietly.

Question 13: What type of job do you think you would most enjoy?
    Answer: One where each day is different, and I am frequently helping a variety of customers.

Question 14: You notice a customer is looking for something in the section you are working in and you offer to help. The customer is looking for barbeque utensils but these are a seasonal product and are not available at this time of year.
    Answer: Tell the customer that barbeque utensils are not stocked at this time of year but offer to check the stockroom.

Question 15: A customer approaches you in the store and asks why they cannot find the product that they are looking for. The product has been discontinued and so the store cannot stock it anymore.
    Answer: Carefully explain the situation to the customer and recommend a similar product that the customer could use instead.

Question 16: You are working at the checkout and have a growing queue of customers to serve. As you scan a product for a customer, you notice that it has been charged at full price although you know that it is on sale. The line manager you need to correct the price is currently helping another customer with a query.
    Answer: Apologise to the queue of waiting customers and alert your line manager to correct the price of the product.

Question 17: You are shopping on behalf of a customer that has ordered online. One member of your team is away so you are busier than normal. You only have a short time before the order is due to be loaded in to the van. As you are about to take the order to the van a customer approaches you with a question about returning an item.
    Answer: Tell the customer where returns can be made and that a colleague will be able to help them.

ReputationRep:
    alitap you absolute legend!!!!! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    How do you know if you passed the screening test? If you passed it does it allow you to upload your right to work etc...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzaB98)
    How do you know if you passed the screening test? If you passed it does it allow you to upload your right to work etc...?

Yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harveyw98)
    Yes
    Thank you. Do you know how long it takes them to review the "right to work" document? That's what it currently says. I applied yesterday and the deadline is today.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure tbh, when I applied my application was automatically 'withdrawn' because they already started interviewing people before the deadline ended, so they already found their staff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harveyw98)
    Not sure tbh, when I applied my application was automatically 'withdrawn' because they already started interviewing people before the deadline ended, so they already found their staff.
    Oh well that's a bummer. I'm starting to worry that I left it too late to apply. I should have applied a couple days earlier.

ReputationRep:
    Applied twice (because the same job was listed 3 times from what I can make out) and failed the first time without reading this thread, tried a second time and checked my answers with some provided here in this thread but mine were already correct. Didn't need to change anything and I still failed.They must want a DNA and pee sample or something its ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    I also failed! Do you know how can I modified my answers?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.