Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    thank you

mine questions are different. i need answers for the following questions

Working as a customer assistant, you will often be interacting with customers who have high customer service expectations. How do you feel about that?
    Working as a customer assistant, you will be working during some of the busiest times. How do you feel about that?

Working as a customer assistant, you will be working in a team and will often need to ask team members for help or advice. How do you feel about that?

As a Customer Assistant, customers are your top priority. You will often be asked questions by customers whilst carrying out other important responsibilities. How do you feel about that?

A customer asks you about their dotcom order, you don’t know much about it because that is a different department that you have not worked in. What do you do?

You have just helped a customer find the crumpets and they continue to chat to you about what they have been doing that day. You need to finish refilling the bakery. How do you respond?

A member of your team is preparing a customer promotion. She has just been asked to help on checkouts and asks if you could take over. You are currently helping a customer. How do you respond?

You are tidying an aisle when you hear a couple behind you discussing prosecco for a party this evening. What do you do?

You are still getting to know your team when your manager asks you whether you would like to help out in another department. How do you react?

A customer asks about a particular type of corn flakes, we have sold out of that particular brand. How do you respond?

ReputationRep:
    They changed the questions !!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, after failing the screening test several times. I made a new account and reapplied. It would seem there is some sort of 'Black-list' as I've complete the test first time and was successful, these were the same answers that I used on my old account and was unsuccessful.
    So I think creating a new account would be best.
    My answers are: (in the image)
    These are the 2017 ish questions and answers
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I have completed the questionnaire correctly before even checking here. I came here because i received the following message after filling in the above answers and clicking the Finish prompt;
    Failed to start the 'right to work' check. Please retry later.
    At first i thought it was an indirect way to tell me i have answered something incorrectly, but apparently not. Is anyone else experiencing this/know anything or any way to get past it? The job role is literally perfect for me

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yeah thanks guys... it worked but i still think that test is full of crap!
    after first time I failed a found this website then tried another 4 times based on yours answers - each time failed - then i gave up.
    after couple of months I've just applied again and was doing it without any help and I passed so I compared it with answers from previous times to see what went wrong the other time... and guess what...?! nothing! all answers were exactly the same then and now... it is just a lottery! lol

if anyone would want to, i can upload screenshot...

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 5PiTeR5)
    Yeah thanks guys... it worked but i still think that test is full of crap!
    after first time I failed a found this website then tried another 4 times based on yours answers - each time failed - then i gave up.
    after couple of months I've just applied again and was doing it without any help and I passed so I compared it with answers from previous times to see what went wrong the other time... and guess what...?! nothing! all answers were exactly the same then and now... it is just a lottery! lol

if anyone would want to, i can upload screenshot...

thanks
    a wee update...
    after i passed this test i applied to another two stores with very surprising results... i really have no idea what it depends from but i've entered the same answers and from total of three tests i passed only two lol
    my guess: maybe there is a limited number of applicants and its auto reject after limit is reached...?! what you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    As an ex Tesco extra front end manager I can safely say in a face to face interview any of the allowed answers are correct. The online application is mostly evaluated by an algorithm. Not always for the best outcomes either.
    My 1st interview/application for a retail position was with Vodafone after I left my nursing career for personal reasons. I was denied the position as I'd not had any experience. I could have saved his life in a hundred different ways while trying to calm an elderly patient that has soiled themselves but no retail experience no job. Mission accepted. I went and got a Xmas temp job in a major toy store. In my 6 weeks there I destroyed the sales team and won sales person of the year. Went and got Vodafone job and within 18 months had progressed to manager (area sales impover) and at 1 point was actually the higher ranking manager above my original interviewer. I then went to Tesco's, even then I had to prove myself and start at rock bottom and work up (took less than a year though).
    The spilt yoghurt is a tricky 1 though as well spills and breakages should be noted by shift manager and where possible cleaned up by janitorial staff to limit any staff accidents. If left on their own though you should explain to customer (even if blatantly obvious) that you are happy to help but can't risk leaving the h&s violation. You will try and get the attention of another staff member to help you, if they are happy to wait. In my time it was literally a case of trying to catch someone's eye but I hear now staff can have mobiles on shop floor so can call their team leader to assist.
    Never leave your till whether signed on or not without your supervisors permission... Never! Tills are monitored remotely for usage, and depending on store size they have to have certain positions open/logged on to to pass regulations. Mystery shoppers know this and you will lose points. Points mean budget spends. So if the front end gets repeatedly marked down for tills being unmanned that could mean a supervisor demotion, overtime budget cuts and holiday temp staff reductions!
    But like I said if the algorithm doesn't tally all the answers you give to get to an acceptable sum it doesnt matter whether they are correct. It takes into account personal details, age/area/experience (not necessarily qualifications though) and answers given. Sometimes you could give 100% correct answers and still be declined because that area you live in aren't looking for your age range x

ReputationRep:
    screenshot would be of help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zync)
    Hi there, after failing the screening test several times. I made a new account and reapplied. It would seem there is some sort of 'Black-list' as I've complete the test first time and was successful, these were the same answers that I used on my old account and was unsuccessful.
    So I think creating a new account would be best.
    My answers are: (in the image)
    These are the 2017 ish questions and answers
    I have just dug out my Student Room details from years ago just in order to log on and thank you for this. I couldn't figure out the answers myself but have no qualms about cheating as I believe that this test is completely arbitrary and says very little about my ability to adapt in a real-world situation. Thanks for the answers, you've been a huge help

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so much I appreciate your help, what you say is true that I had attempted the screening test and failed after serveral attempts. Taking your advice I had created a new account and with the answers you have provided I had passed the screening test.

ReputationRep:
    i did test passed and got work trial tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    pay increase in november 17 at tesco BUT! nightshift pay beeing cut from time and half to time and third!! so while pay increase is good for everyone nights lose out and get pay cut!!

ReputationRep:
    After finishing the test did you lot have to submit scans of passports etc on a separate website?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you so so so much for this slowdive. Thank you for taking the time to put this together.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.