Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Can I get my nose reshaped when having rhinoplasty to straighten it under the NHS? watch

Announcements

I am being referred to ENT by my doctor, because my nose isn't straight and it's causing me breathing problems. Majority of the time I can't breath through my right nostril, the rest of the time I can't breathe through either. More than likely I will have to undergo surgery to have it corrected and straightened.

My question is can I request for it to be made into a more desirable shape and size, since I'm getting it reshaped anyway?

I don't want it to seem like I'm trying to get a free nose job, that's not the case. I genuinely am pursuing this surgery for my health and to aid my ability to breathe. However, if I can get it reshaped to something I am happy with, since I'm getting it reshaped anyway, and it makes me feel beautiful and confident, that would be a major bonus of going through all that pain.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    You'll have to speak to your surgeon. It would depend if it was extra work and additional care/management would be required. Would be a nice bonus if they could though

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, ask the surgeon. Maybe ask in advance of going in, so they can add it to the pre write-up, rather than having to edit the one they've already done. Does it cause you psychological distress (hint hint)?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.