The Student Room Group

Can I get my nose reshaped when having rhinoplasty to straighten it under the NHS?

I am being referred to ENT by my doctor, because my nose isn't straight and it's causing me breathing problems. Majority of the time I can't breath through my right nostril, the rest of the time I can't breathe through either. More than likely I will have to undergo surgery to have it corrected and straightened.

My question is can I request for it to be made into a more desirable shape and size, since I'm getting it reshaped anyway?

I don't want it to seem like I'm trying to get a free nose job, that's not the case. I genuinely am pursuing this surgery for my health and to aid my ability to breathe. However, if I can get it reshaped to something I am happy with, since I'm getting it reshaped anyway, and it makes me feel beautiful and confident, that would be a major bonus of going through all that pain.
You'll have to speak to your surgeon. It would depend if it was extra work and additional care/management would be required. Would be a nice bonus if they could though
Reply 2
Yeah, ask the surgeon. Maybe ask in advance of going in, so they can add it to the pre write-up, rather than having to edit the one they've already done. Does it cause you psychological distress (hint hint)?

Quick Reply

Latest