Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Migrants in Greece stage pathetic publicity stunt Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...t-borders.html

ReputationRep:
    Idiots. If their life is so bad in Greece why didn't they just stay in Syria/Afghanistan/whatever country they came from?

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Greece should sort out their borders as well then!

ReputationRep:
    Pakistani as well. Loads of the migrants are Pakistani. Dat war in Pakistan though. Why do so many idiots want to let them in when they're not even Syrian?

The protest was like someone threatening to kill themselves when their partner wants to break up with them and they're trying to emotionally blackmail them into folding.

Screw them. They can bugger off back to Pakistan.

ReputationRep:
    Idiots

doing more damage to their cause than good doing stupid stunts like this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MildredMalone)
    Maybe Greece should sort out their borders as well then!
    With what money?

ReputationRep:
    "Greek officials estimate 20,000 migrants have been stranded in Greece after neighbouring Macedonia (pictured) abruptly shut its border on Monday to anyone not Syrian or Iraqi"

This is a step in the right direction, next up character profiling, We don't need to be totally un-compassionate but at the same time can't let anyone who wants to come in. The phuckity do these Pakistanis need to come to Europe for? Benefits that's why. I say this as a South-Asian, Muslim with a migrant father (who has since birth hammered home the point to me that benefit scrounging is wrong). Unfortunately most people from my community don't share this sentiment and there are numerous Bengali/Pakistani benefit frauds entering the UK (Particularly from Italy/Holland).

Turned into a rant but it's pretty clear why these Pakistanis want to enter Europe and it's not to flee persecution.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    Pakistani as well. Loads of the migrants are Pakistani. Dat war in Pakistan though. Why do so many idiots want to let them in when they're not even Syrian?

The protest was like someone threatening to kill themselves when their partner wants to break up with them and they're trying to emotionally blackmail them into folding.

Screw them. They can bugger off back to Pakistan.
    Exactly.

Absolutely pathetic of Europe to show such weakness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *RHCP*)
    With what money?
    More money would be wasted on those migrants, I guess?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MildredMalone)
    More money would be wasted on those migrants, I guess?
    I was joking , Im Greek myself, I guess its difficult when you are trying to support your economy as well as a migrant crisis

ReputationRep:
    I was joking , Im Greek myself, I guess its difficult when you are trying to support your economy as well as a migrant crisis
    The EU should send in military ships to police the border and simply not let them through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knowing Smile)
    The EU should send in military ships to police the border and simply not let them through.
    I understand completely, but we also have to acknowledge that these migrants are people too and the fact that there are women with children on these inflatable boats. We cant just abandon them in the middle of the ocean. I totally agree that there should be some type of control, but we also have to do whats right.

ReputationRep:
    I understand completely, but we also have to acknowledge that these migrants are people too and the fact that there are women with children on these inflatable boats. We cant just abandon them in the middle of the ocean. I totally agree that there should be some type of control, but we also have to do whats right.
    There are also men on the boats.

We can abandon them, they put themselves in that position.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    There are also men on the boats.

We can abandon them, they put themselves in that position.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Regardless if it's a man, woman or child. People are still people . They have a right to live just as much as we do. I don't know about you, but I could never abandon someone when they are fighting to save their life.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, maybe we should build a wall!

ReputationRep:
    Regardless if it's a man, woman or child. People are still people . They have a right to live just as much as we do. I don't know about you, but I could never abandon someone when they are fighting to save their life.
    They aren't fighting to save their lives. They are migrating to get more money.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    They aren't fighting to save their lives. They are migrating to get more money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Please do not generalize that for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Then don't generalise that they are all fighting for their lives.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So why is it acceptable for you to generalise them as helpless refugees in danger from a war torn country when clearly loads of them aren't?

ReputationRep:
    My friend, I don't want quarrel, all I'm saying is that we don't know these people and we don't know what they have been through. Sure some may be heading to Europe in order to become more financially stable,(I'm not disagreeing btw) but there are also people/ kids being born into an ugly society and they need a future, what future will they have if their houses and schools are being blown up. If we say that they are bad, what makes us any better if we don't help? I'm sorry if you don't agree with what I have to say, this is my personal view.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.