The Student Room Group

Migrants in Greece stage pathetic publicity stunt

Scroll to see replies

Original post by *RHCP*
My friend, I don't want quarrel, all I'm saying is that we don't know these people and we don't know what they have been through. Sure some may be heading to Europe in order to become more financially stable,(I'm not disagreeing btw) but there are also people/ kids being born into an ugly society and they need a future, what future will they have if their houses and schools are being blown up. If we say that they are bad, what makes us any better if we don't help? I'm sorry if you don't agree with what I have to say, this is my personal view.

We will save a load of money and civil unrest, possibly even protect our citizens.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Damn Greece is messed up for real
Trust that to be on the Daily Mail :rofl:
Original post by DiddyDec
They aren't fighting to save their lives. They are migrating to get more money.Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by KimKallstrom
So why is it acceptable for you to generalise them as helpless refugees in danger from a war torn country when clearly loads of them aren't?

If you guys had been born in Syria, what would you be doing right now?
This shows that they're clearly desperate and its time to let them in.
Reply 26
Original post by al_94
Damn Greece is messed up for real

Yep. But we still have good food :smile:
Original post by intelligent con
This shows that they're clearly desperate and its time to let them in.

They are in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lilacwanda28
No, actually. I prefer The Guardian.

Well there is no hope then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by DiddyDec
Well there is no hope then.

Posted from TSR Mobile

why, because I'm left-wing and working class? I have more hope in the lefties then I do for anyone in the ruling Government.
you didn't answer my question about what you would be doing rn if you had been born in Syria.
Original post by Pingu97
They sure as hell wouldn't be living among the debris with their children starving, drones, bombs, militants around. They would be on a boat to save their Families life, to have a life. So their children can grow up away from somewhere where death can strike at any moment and danger is everywhere. Little do they know Syria is the worst hellhole on earth right now. And ask me why people are fleeing from areas of Pakistan. If they had any morsel of education they would understand there are men who are in danger from being killed by the taliban and there are drones issued by the u.s which kill civilians. And ask me why people are fleeing. Do they know the situation in Libya Nigeria. In c.a.r. Do they know anything. They speak without knowledge. And they are obviously right wing trolls, they usually have silly memes or pictures as profile pics or silly name.

That's exactly what I want them to admit. Because if they were in Syria or Pakistan or any other war-torned country, they would be fleeing for their lives and trying to protect their families. And they would be begging Europe to let them in so they wouldn't have to go back. I want these right wing trolls to show a bit of empathy for once and not just label them all as benefit-scroungers and job-stealers, which is in itself a massive contradiction. Thank you for being a decent human being.
onordie.jpg

I wish this was a fake.
That's exactly what I want them to admit. Because if they were in Syria or Pakistan or any other war-torned country, they would be fleeing for their lives and trying to protect their families. And they would be begging Europe to let them in so they wouldn't have to go back. I want these right wing trolls to show a bit of empathy for once and not just label them all as benefit-scroungers and job-stealers, which is in itself a massive contradiction. Thank you for being a decent human being.

It's a huge relief to see someone not saying such disgusting lies like those trolls do, they grow up reading rag 'newspapers' like the sun. Aswell as rubbish like the mail, express, telegraph I do wish they would reply to these messages. It will be very interesting to hear what these fools say.
Original post by Pingu97
It's a huge relief to see someone not saying such disgusting lies like those trolls do, they grow up reading rag 'newspapers' like the sun. Aswell as rubbish like the mail, express, telegraph I do wish they would reply to these messages. It will be very interesting to hear what these fools say.

I second that relief! I've come back on TSR after a long time away to find all these threads promoting Brexit and talking about foreign immigrant benefit scroungers and it sickens me to think the youth of today believe all of this UKIP propaganda. Literally, this is exactly how the Nazis came into power. With propaganda and targeting the youth. I know they've read my messages though, and I know they won't respond because they know we're right and that they have no argument. They would be doing the exact same thing but they don't want to look stupid so they won't admit it. TSR makes me sick recently.
why, because I'm left-wing and working class? I have more hope in the lefties then I do for anyone in the ruling Government.
you didn't answer my question about what you would be doing rn if you had been born in Syria.

I knew you were lefty, but how could I possibly know you were working class?

I generally struggle to answer questions I have never been asked. However if I had been born in Syria with their poor health care I would have probably have taken my own life long before the start of the civil war due to my once crippling depression.
Not the answer you were looking for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
If you guys had been born in Syria, what would you be doing right now?

I would have gone to a refugee camp around Syria, preferably in Lebanon of Jordan. Then, I would have tried to get a job there in order to afford a decent life, waiting for better times. Then, if I was very good, I would have tried to go to a wealthier country, either by working for a foreign country that is present in my host country and then transferring to a western country, or by directly applying for jobs with the Internet.
It would have never crossed my mind to go in Europe through the Balkans.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 37
Original post by Pingu97

So everybody disagreeing with you is a troll that reads The Sun?
"Let me rape your mothers and daughters... or I'll hang myself".jpg
If I were a Syrian I would ask Europe to supply me with armour and weapons so I could fight for my country...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest