Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever thought about giving blood? Watch

• View Poll Results: Have you ever given blood?
    Yes
    12.00%
    No, but I would like to
    52.71%
    No and I do not want to
    20.29%
    I cannot give blood
    15.00%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    The whole 'people of London are rude' thing is a stereotype lol there's plenty of nice people and a lot of mean people too just like there is anywhere
    That's if you live in central
    You can get decently priced stuff if you know your shops, like if you get groceries from Lidl's it's much cheaper than Tesco's etc.
    There's certain oyster cards that'll make travelling cheaper if you qualify for them.

Shops are open til like 11 pm everyday, if you want something, you can find it in London. Nice attractions, everything's near you, many job opportunities. There's loads of pros

But Japan seems cool *__*
    I grew up down south and everyone was nasty, never experienced such nastiness during my time at uni in Sheffield.

It's exactly the same up north, except the only difference is it's actually affordable.

Japan is much more affordable and I'd be able to raise any children I have at least bilingual, which you can't even do in London due to how segregated ethnicities are there and the poor quality of education in the UK
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by fr0sr_)
    Haven't donated blood, nor considered it.
    I'm Hemophobic, so it's not such a good idea to willingly put myself in that position.
    Hey!

This is completely understandable, OP! Would you object to organ donation too? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super_kawaii)
    I grew up down south and everyone was nasty, never experienced such nastiness during my time at uni in Sheffield.

It's exactly the same up north, except the only difference is it's actually affordable.

Japan is much more affordable and I'd be able to raise any children I have at least bilingual, which you can't even do in London due to how segregated ethnicities are there and the poor quality of education in the UK
    Hmm I was born in Nederland *__* moved here when I was in year 4 but I found it accepting. People are used to living to people that are different to them. I feel like London is very accepting of people's differences, very welcoming People may be antisocial but they don't judge and they'll help you if you need - sorry your experience wasn't great

Most people I know are bilingual! I speak Arabic and English and I've only visited an Arabic speaking country once for like 2 months x'D I know people who speak 3 or 4 languages! People mix well, you see friendship groups with kids of all ethnicities in them and they get along fine

But yeah I guess it depends on the person and their experiences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Hey! This is completely understandable, OP! Would you object to organ donation too? :holmes:
    Hopefully it'll go with time. - It's so severe that when watching "Pacific Rim" I almost passed out. It only had a few nosebleeds in it FFS

Probably would object to Organ Donation too, I can't say I like the idea of being "shelled" when I'm dead.
    I understand that I'm not taking any of it with me, as IMO we go nowhere when we die - but merely the concept puts me off.

Maybe that view will change as I grow older, who knows!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    Hmm I was born in Nederland *__* moved here when I was in year 4 but I found it accepting. People are used to living to people that are different to them. I feel like London is very accepting of people's differences, very welcoming People may be antisocial but they don't judge and they'll help you if you need - sorry your experience wasn't great

Most people I know are bilingual! I speak Arabic and English and I've only visited an Arabic speaking country once for like 2 months x'D I know people who speak 3 or 4 languages! People mix well, you see friendship groups with kids of all ethnicities in them and they get along fine

But yeah I guess it depends on the person and their experiences
    Growing up in the south, the people there are the snobbiest, most judgemental people you'll ever meet! Leave London for the north and you'll realise just how horrible they are.

I'm now pentalingual, no thanks to the racial segregation down south. I only plan to learn more living abroad.

ReputationRep:
    Growing up in the south, the people there are the snobbiest, most judgemental people you'll ever meet! Leave London for the north and you'll realise just how horrible they are.

I'm now pentalingual, no thanks to the racial segregation down south. I only plan to learn more living abroad.
    Really? Might go to uni up there Was considering Manchester

:eek: ! Awesome! What languages do you speak ? I hope to learn Spanish one day *__*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    Really? Might go to uni up there Was considering Manchester

:eek: ! Awesome! What languages do you speak ? I hope to learn Spanish one day *__*
    I'm a native English speaker but can also speak French, German, Mandarin and Japanese. I'm hoping to add at least Spanish and Cantonese to that list.

Definitely look at Manchester-it's so worth leaving London if you don't want to remain ignorant about the country

ReputationRep:
    I'm a native English speaker but can also speak French, German, Mandarin and Japanese. I'm hoping to add at least Spanish and Cantonese to that list.

Definitely look at Manchester-it's so worth leaving London if you don't want to remain ignorant about the country
    That's awesome omg! can you read and write mandarin/ japanese?! :eek:

will do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    That's awesome omg! can you read and write mandarin/ japanese?! :eek:

will do
    Yeah, at Sheffield you're required to read and write in native scripts from your first day in first year. If you don't learn them, you're wasting your time and money

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, at Sheffield you're required to read and write in native scripts from your first day in first year. If you don't learn them, you're wasting your time and money
    fair enough, that's awesome that you can do that! #jealous x'D

ReputationRep:
    I might be young, but my organs aren't the best-I suffer from asthma so my lungs don't work at full capacity and I suffer from eczema so noone would ever want my skin
    You really are scraping the barrel for excuses aren't you!

You don't have to be in perfect health to donate organs. As a young person you probably would save 5 or 6 lives, should the unfortunate happen, even without your lungs. A substantial proportion of donations come from young people in road traffic accidents.

Two minutes...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    You really are scraping the barrel for excuses aren't you!

You don't have to be in perfect health to donate organs. As a young person you probably would save 5 or 6 lives, should the unfortunate happen, even without your lungs. A substantial proportion of donations come from young people in road traffic accidents.

Two minutes...
    I generally feel uneasy about it, especially considering my beliefs about the afterlife, but I'm not saying it's not worth doing, because it is

ReputationRep:
    I already donate blood and I am on the organ donor register

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    I already donate blood and I am on the organ donor register
    Willing to donate bone marrow? Just to complete the set.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katty3)
    Willing to donate bone marrow? Just to complete the set.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've considered it but I'm a bit uhh about it, as it's quite time consuming to do.

I'd like to donate as a living organ donor in the future next really, I'd just like to be in a healthier state when I do it

ReputationRep:
    I generally feel uneasy about it, especially considering my beliefs about the afterlife, but I'm not saying it's not worth doing, because it is
    The important question is will you also object to receiving an organ transplant should you need it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eva.Gregoria)
    The important question is will you also object to receiving an organ transplant should you need it?
    Yes I would object, because I have suicidal tendencies

ReputationRep:
    This post made me laugh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's possibly because you suffer from depression and are ill. If you weren't clinically depressed and you developed acute kidney failure I doubt you'd reject a kidney transplant.

ReputationRep:
    i would like to but can't
    i have less blood in my body so it wouldn't b a good choice to give blood

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.