HELP: I need to prove UCL is a world-leading research uni Watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Arsenal96)
    EE, the engineering department is just poor in my opinion
    The OP isn't applying for EE. UCL is in fact one of the best places in Europe for Life Sciences, who cares about engineering.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arsenal96)
    Why? UCL is a low-grade university which is average at best. There are many universities in the UK which are better
    This seems to be a serious attempt to find stuff out by a foreign student, so we shouldn't indulge in too many satirical jokes. :bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gwagon)
    No offense, but this scholarship-awarding body you are talking about seem pretty moronic. They need YOU to write to them about the prestige of UCL? They can't find out for themselves? Plus, it's UCL - they need confirmation that it's good enough? SMH...
    Ikr...
    and believe me, it's a government department

ReputationRep:
    When was UCL not a good university?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    The OP isn't applying for EE. UCL is in fact one of the best places in Europe for Life Sciences, who cares about engineering.
    Don't feed the trolls

ReputationRep:
    Apparently, all the things I have aren't enough! RAE e REF is nothing compared to a biology teacher stating that UCL is a great university... god, I'm so done with this guys -_-

I mean why should a Portuguese teacher know about UCL or other universities to be honest?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.