Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If 300,000 people arrive in the UK every year, you won't be able to buy a home! FACT Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    What a strong and well sourced argument. You've convinced me!
    Repped for making me :laugh:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bill_Gates)
    If 300,000 people arrive in the UK every year, you won't be able to buy a home! FACT

47% of all jobs could be automated by 2034.

How do you think that will pan out?

With all that unskilled, low wage labour coming here...................
    You're wrong we have more than 300,000 entering the uk a year. Also over the last 5 yrs we have had 1m migrants, yet 2.5m national insurance claims. So we might be getting 1m immigrants+ a year, who knows.

ReputationRep:
    If you vote in
    - Less jobs around for the majority of you - FACT
    - Higher house prices and higher rents - FACT
    - Crumbling NHS and crowded schools.
    - More crime - demand for key skills will shoot up, we will have no control over the type of immigration that arrives.
    None of these are facts.

Less jobs? The UK has a high rate of immigration and always has, but the UK has the most job vacancies in the Western World. If jobs were to fall, so would immigration.

Higher house prices are very unrelated to demand. Speculation, investment and securities have a much higher impact. No one can afford to buy at the moment, but house prices are still rising, why? Speculation. (Source: https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...mbZVhwHxpX8nKw)

Crowded schools can be solved by spreading the pressure. Many schools away from major cities have the opposite problem, they can't find enough children to make up the numbers.

Don't even understand the logic here to criticise.

ReputationRep:
    Fearmongering and lies.

You're blaming the state of the NHS and our schools on EU immigration? You people can't be ****ing serious.

The NHS is crumbling because our government is cutting its funding and privatising parts of it. Our schools have classes 30+ in size because they aren't receiving adequate funding and the government isn't building enough new ones.

It's incredible how people manage, rather than accepting that our government is destroying our country, to convince themselves that actually, the EU is the source of literally everything bad that ever happened, and if we leave all of our problems will go away. It's at a point where I think some of these people are genuinely delusional.

You want to know why schools are overcrowded? I go to a poor old school that's been waiting for a new build for years. Pretty much all of the students are natives Brits. There's no sixth form area because there's nowhere to put one.

Now that it's finally getting a new build from our benevolent dictators, the new building is SMALLER than the current one, and they don't even get any money for new furniture - they have to take their 30 year old furniture and outdated PCs and science equipment into the new school!!!!!!!

That's why schools are going to ****, it has nothing to do with the EU. Take your head out of your bum and accept reality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alcohonick)
    Because any argument I post would be attacked in perpetual fighting, because you people who try to enforce your opinions on others, will never change your minds.
    Ah I see. So throwing out unsupported insults is a much higher ground to take..

ReputationRep:
    This isn't about ground or morals, this is about a discussion and you and the OP are quite clearly never going to change your mind and you're just going to keep insulting anyone with opposing views. I posted that statement because the OP was spamming pseudofacts in the first page.
    I've not insulted anyone.

You however...

Go away with your stupid isolationist views

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry how old are you and why are you on a student forum?
    Apology accepted for trying to derail the discussion.

ReputationRep:
    The price of houses in London actually makes me emotional I feel like building one of those container homes you see on Grand Designs..

ReputationRep:
    Our infrastructure is crumbling - our broadband is slow, NHS is swamped, our schools teach 30+ kids per class!!

No way can such low skilled labour pay enough tax to pay it's way in the UK. Be realistic we need a quota system opened up to the WORLD not just low cost European countries. We need skills!!
    our broadband is slow?!
    you want to use your *****y broadband as a reason to leave the EU?!
    who the **** are you :hahaha::clap2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by typonaut)
    Good luck with that visa application.
    it easy if you have family there and are pulling a $100,000 or more a year

ReputationRep:
    the ones already here are sent back...
    where can we send you?
    Hell would be too good for you.
    Technically everyone in this country is an immigrant. Depends how far you go back in history. And if you go back far enough, you'll get to the British Empire. Where a bunch of ****ing arrogant idiots thought it was alright for them to go invading and colonising other countries, teaching them English, usurping the the native religions with Christianity, taking all of the exports and sending them back home, using the locals as slaves and prostitutes.
    It's weird how people forget their own ancestry and yet still come out with utter ******** like this.

ReputationRep:
    And how many people are leaving UK each year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    well this is bad for those who are staying but as soon as i can afford it i'm off to california
    https://longwhitekid.files.wordpress...fatt.jpg?w=604

ReputationRep:
    The rhetoric spouted by the leave club is the same as the rhetoric that is making Trump an attractive prospect with certain types of people in the US.

This isn't just about 'in' or 'out' from a regulation or autonomy perspective- it is about so much more than that. The effort to work together not only with Europe but with the world to solve the issues that we face on a global scale is vital. Choosing to leave the EU (mostly catalysed by this irrational fear of immigration), is a slippery slope and the West is not immune from large scale and destructive unrest as some people seem to believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    The rhetoric spouted by the leave club is the same as the rhetoric that is making Trump an attractive prospect with certain types of people in the US.

This isn't just about 'in' or 'out' from a regulation or autonomy perspective- it is about so much more than that. The effort to work together not only with Europe but with the world to solve the issues that we face on a global scale is vital. Choosing to leave the EU (mostly catalysed by this irrational fear of immigration), is a slippery slope and the West is not immune from large scale and destructive unrest as some people seem to believe.
    Would you be interested in having intercourse?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sisuphos)
    Would you be interested in having intercourse?
    Because you asked that question based on my opinion alone....the answer is:

Spoiler:
    Show
    yes :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubsjk)
    And how many people are leaving UK each year?
    The 300000 figure is actually net migration

ReputationRep:

You seem to suggest that if we leave the EU that we would not co-operate with any other country in the world. I know that some of the leave campaigners would want to do that but I certainly would not. We would still be able to work with other nations to solve the worlds greatest problems. We are still part of the g20 and g7. America and China are not part of the EU and yet they seem able to work with other countries to solve crises that are affecting the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LordMallard)
    You seem to suggest that if we leave the EU that we would not co-operate with any other country in the world. I know that some of the leave campaigners would want to do that but I certainly would not. We would still be able to work with other nations to solve the worlds greatest problems. We are still part of the g20 and g7. America and China are not part of the EU and yet they seem able to work with other countries to solve crises that are affecting the world.
    I think it's what I say about the slippery slope that is more the issue. We are moving to a system where we are all so sh*t scared of immigration and losing our sovereignty that we react like this. Really it makes little difference in terms of actual long-term prosperity whether we are in or out. This is a decision based around selfish intersts and knee-jerk fear of immigrants.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's what I say about the slippery slope that is more the issue. We are moving to a system where we are all so sh*t scared of immigration and losing our sovereignty that we react like this. Really it makes little difference in terms of actual long-term prosperity whether we are in or out. This is a decision based around selfish intersts and knee-jerk fear of immigrants.
    I suppose I see your point. I think it would be best if we had control over immigration policy, as then our politicians can be accountable to migration policy. I agree with selfish interests and think that applies to Boris Johnson, who just wants to be Prime Minister.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.