Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I received an offer from the University of Brighton, they sent me a conditional offer.
    They said, 'This offer is subject to you obtaining - Obtain grade B at GCE Advanced Level and BTEC Level 3 Diploma with grades Distinction Merit overall. '
    I am doing Health and Social care worth 1 A level this year and they are looking for D&M overall with B grade in a level, if I get D* in Health and Social does that grade B still stay the same?
    How much points is all that worth then?

ReputationRep:
    DM = AC at A level = 200 UCAS points
    B at A level = 100 points

so they want 300 points, however they have not specified that they just want the 300 points, you need to obtain the grades in your offer

They BTEC Level 3 Diploma is worth 2 A levels and you will essentially do one in each of the 2 years, however, your grades are combined, so if you were to achieve a D* this year the pressure would be off next year and you could end up getting a mix of Passes and Merits in your second year units and it may well still average out at an overall grade of DM, although I would still recommend trying the best you can

Hope this helps

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.