Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

Pretty much every person here lives with their parents. We take our parents for granted; since when we were younger they helped us, fed us and clothed us etc. But as they grow older, we neglect them. We rarely meet or call them. We don't repay them with the same favours. All we do is throw em in a care home or let them live in isolation.

The real question i'm trying to ask is, why do we neglect and treat our parents like crap over petty sh** or when they grow old?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Not all parents are good parents and lots end up alone through their own actions.

Otherwise, I think people grow up and stop needing their parents and then they have their own lives to deal with, perhaps a career and a family, and the parents get pushed to the back of the mind. It's not fair but it happens.

ReputationRep:
    My religion teaches me to never abandon my parents and never to push them away when they get older or when i get older. idk how people can put their parents in an old folks home. lol my parents are crashing at mine when they get old.

(Original post by Makbkuan)
    Hi guys,

Pretty much every person here lives with their parents. We take our parents for granted; since when we were younger they helped us, fed us and clothed us etc. But as they grow older, we neglect them. We rarely meet or call them. We don't repay them with the same favours. All we do is throw em in a care home or let them live in isolation.

The real question i'm trying to ask is, why do we neglect and treat our parents like crap over petty sh** or when they grow old?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not like that with my parents. I'm really gratefull to them they gave me everything ! And the most important thing , they'll pay my medschool. I'll be so gratefull every ****ing day of my life for that and I'll never forget it <3

And btw in my family we never leave someone behind ! For ex my grandmother lives at home ! (Okay my house is really big and she has her floor, but she's with us anyway)

Whatever , not every parents are like what you said unfortunately :/

ReputationRep:
    Basically with what the person above said, I'll never leave my parents, I want to move out however for my own freedom but will always go visit them, call them for dinner etc.

Treating your parents with respect will make them proud of you, also they brought you into this world, they raised you when you were young, they've taught you life lessons and stuff.

My parents took care of me when I was young. So when my parents are older and in need of help, I will take care of them and never send them to an old folks home like **** that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 26, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.