Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm at the point where I cant stand working for people.. I've been playing with an idea for a few years now but have never really committed to it through fear of failure but I'm starting to seriously consider it as an option. Are there any members on here who are currently self-employed or see self-employment as the only way to go (personally) ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I work full time after completing an apprenticeship in Business and Administration, I also have my own web design business which is mainly to bring in extra money. Similarly, I have a business idea, and I keep thinking about it. However, I am only 18, I suffer from neiveness and a general lack of how the world works. This is why I choose to go and study business so when I leave I am better equipped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Superhotfire)
    I'm at the point where I cant stand working for people.. I've been playing with an idea for a few years now but have never really committed to it through fear of failure but I'm starting to seriously consider it as an option. Are there any members on here who are currently self-employed or see self-employment as the only way to go (personally) ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have, for a long time, wanted to start my own business. So last year at Uni I did a small (10 credit) course about essentially being your own boss.

I now don't want to open up a business. Just too much work and honestly the chances of succeeding aren't that high. Even if your business ends up being a success, the process will get you in a lot of debt.

If you are dedicated, willing to invest a lot of money, then I'd say go for it. But until then do a course like I did, it will definitely give you a reality check.

ReputationRep:
    Starting up traditional businesses are really costly, 8/10 businesses fail in their first five years, average business takes 2-3 years to break even.
    My mentor once said, There's more to life than trading your hours for dollars. He gave me a book to read, Rich Dad Poor Dad - Robert Kiyosaki. One industry kept coming up, Network Marketing.
    You guys should look into Network Marketing, revenues over $178 billion, thats more than the Fifa industry $53billion, music industry $16 billion, NFL and Movies, Video Gaming and etc.
    I'm part of a network marketing company and its going truly amazing, the money is great but more importantly the personal development that you go through. "Your business will grow as far as you grow".
    Feel free to message me and find out more, but before you do research on Network Marketing and Residual Income. Use credible sources and not blogs or comments that are influenced by "opinions".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Optimum_)
    I have, for a long time, wanted to start my own business. So last year at Uni I did a small (10 credit) course about essentially being your own boss.

I now don't want to open up a business. Just too much work and honestly the chances of succeeding aren't that high. Even if your business ends up being a success, the process will get you in a lot of debt.

If you are dedicated, willing to invest a lot of money, then I'd say go for it. But until then do a course like I did, it will definitely give you a reality check.
    Hi I am a final year psychology student and would really appreciate it if you could do my survey as I really need Business students.
    http://bit.ly/1nXBAHm
    Thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NickTheCyp)
    I work full time after completing an apprenticeship in Business and Administration, I also have my own web design business which is mainly to bring in extra money. Similarly, I have a business idea, and I keep thinking about it. However, I am only 18, I suffer from neiveness and a general lack of how the world works. This is why I choose to go and study business so when I leave I am better equipped.
    Hi Nick I'm currently looking for a web designer, do you have any links to your work? thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.