Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've gotten all 5 offers for Politics/and International Relations

Liverpool ABB
    Kent BBB
    Reading ABB/AAC
    Essex BBB
    Lincoln 300

...but I cant decide which 2 to choose from on my UCAS!

Which ones do you think are best in terms of reputation, employability etc?

ReputationRep:
    For international relations:

Kent best overall (specially conflict)

2nd Reading (specially for security)

3rd Liverpool

4th Essex

Lincoln (if you really miss the mark)

For politics only:

1st Liverpool (specially for UK pol rather than comparative)

2nd Kent

3rd Essex

4th Reading

5th Lincoln (again only if you miss the mark)

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am a current student at Essex and have loved my experience there so far! I am currently on a study abroad year in Australia but will be returning to Essex this September. It is a campus University so everything you need is in one place, such as accommodation, bars, cafes, nightclub, post office, banks, stationary store and food store. There really is little need to go off campus! The nearest supermarket is about 15 minutes walk and the town centre is a short bus ride away.

For 3 years in a row the University of Essex has been in the UK top 10 for student satisfaction in Universities, so you can see that students have a great time there! It is very social and there are always events and activities going on for you to take part in.

That's just a bit about the University itself, if you have any other questions feel free to ask ^Sam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by basic1996*****)
    So I've gotten all 5 offers for Politics/and International Relations

Liverpool ABB
    Kent BBB
    Reading ABB/AAC
    Essex BBB
    Lincoln 300

...but I cant decide which 2 to choose from on my UCAS!

Which ones do you think are best in terms of reputation, employability etc?
    I applied to Kent, Reading and Essex too.
    Having been to the applicant day at Essex yesterday i cant help but feel that this is the best choice. I am definitely putting it down as my firm. Its just such a cosy uni and provides all the support you could possibly need. The course seems really exciting too and you can choose to go on placements, year abroad (for free) and help professors with their research. There are so many advantageous benefits. Even though its not the most lavish and poshest university I feel it has so much to offer. Also i wouldn't recommend the cheapest accommodation.
    Few facts:
    They were ranked top in the UK for research and 5th in the world
    They scored 24/24 in a government inspection
    There reputation for Politics is amazing and John Bercow went there
    Only uni that offers free year abroad
    Employability and Careers centre guide you through and are there three years after you graduate too
    Hope this helped x

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.