Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just need to decide which one to go for MSc Economics as the deadline to pay for deposit is approaching.

So please rank these Uni in terms of overall reputation & Economics.

Durham
    Bristol
    St Andrews
    Bath
    Nottingham
    Exeter
    Birmingham
    Leeds
    Sheffield
    Liverpool

Thank you very much for your help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Really? You're happy for a bunch of anonymous strangers on the internet, with their own prejudices and biases, who may have absolutely no idea what they're talking about, to tell you where you should study? Seriously. Do some research of your own - you're going to have to do plenty of it on a masters course.

ReputationRep:
    I just would like to have some opinion as different people have different experiences about each uni. Surely it's me who will be deciding which suits me best. I have already done my research and the facts about each place. I just wanna know how each uni is perceived in comparison to each other as all of them are relatively on the similar tier of reputation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bath - simply because that where I'm going :-)

ReputationRep:
    St. Andrews or Exeter.

Or, or, and this should have been done before even posting - get off TSR!

ReputationRep:
    Bristol maybe - not sure

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot for your comments. At first I thought Nottingham is reputable for Economics but overall reputation is below Durham / Bristol / St Andrews.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bristol or Exeter

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham/Durham/Bristol

Edit: wow you applied for a heck of a lot of unis lol

ReputationRep:
    Exeter or St. Andrews. However all of the Universities in your list are good.

ReputationRep:
    Check the course content and assessment methods, which will be available online. Whilst the courses all have the same title, every uni can set their own content and they can be very different. The teaching bias will be geared towards departmental expertise. There's no point, for example, rocking up at a uni with a burning interest in heterodox economics if there are no members of staff working in that field.

Plus you may be able to choose between courses which have different proportions of coursework assessment and exams, if one of those methods suits you better.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot for all your comments everyone. :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm genuinely curious - did this thread give you anything constructive to help you choose a course? Where did you decide to apply for in the end?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.