Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Hey guys,

    I have received an offer for a taught MA at UCL for September 2016, a one-year course.

    I am currently living in Germany (as a German national), where I will complete my undergraduate studies this summer. I would like to apply for postgraduate funding to pay for my student fees, but I feel that the information available to me is not very clear.

    In the e-mail I got from UCL today, it says that I am eligible if I "ordinarily live in England", but in the "Introduction to Postgraduate Loans 16/17" from Student Finance England, it also says that

    "If you’re an EU national, but don’t normally live in England you may be able to get a Postgraduate Loan for a Master’s course in England." (see: http://www.practitioners.slc.co.uk/m..._qg_1617_d.pdf )

    Does anyone have information under which circumstances I will be able to get a loan as someone usually living on the continent? I really don't mind staying in the UK after finishing my degree, if that's what's important for them
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    The important word in the SFE quote is may. Your best bet is to get in touch with SFE and UCL and see what they say.
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.