Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessicaw2108)
    How could you link Nokia to leaving the EU?
    If you read my point one of the consequences for leaving the EU is the potential loss of investment from other seas into UK businesses. A lack of investment can lead to all kinds of issues look at Nokia. They stopped investing in their products and ultimately lost the smartphone race.

ReputationRep:
    So how are people feeling in regards to difficulty when comparing BUSS4 to BUSS3? I feel far more concerned for BUSS4.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got any good notes on examples (businesses) for Section A and B, I've got some of my own but willing to trade if needed

ReputationRep:
    if we do bad in BUSS4 and we want to retake it next year, will section A still be ecommerce, because we're the last year?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know how many marks I'll lose by not mentioning porters generic strategies and how it was cost min vs differentiation in buss3? Really worried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leachtash)
    Does anyone know how many marks I'll lose by not mentioning porters generic strategies and how it was cost min vs differentiation in buss3? Really worried
    You'll not lose any marks - it wasn't a requirement. It simply aids your analysis thus making it easier for you to get into the top band for good. You can still achieve good without a mention of a theory.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much appreciate it!
    (Original post by ryanroks1)
    You'll not lose any marks - it wasn't a requirement. It simply aids your analysis thus making it easier for you to get into the top band for good. You can still achieve good without a mention of a theory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leachtash)
    You never lose marks in BUSS3 or BUSS4. You can only gain them from showing the relevant assessment skills at some stage. That's why there are so many different ways (e.g. points, calcs) that are acceptable in order to gain marks

J

ReputationRep:
    How would I write an essay on retrenchment?

ReputationRep:
    I'd be surprised if leadership / organisational culture / change management didn't appear in some form; these topics are very interconnected and usually a question encompasses all three. Retrenchment, whilst not assessed, is a small topic with limited scope on what can be asked - if it did appear, I can see it being in a hybrid question maybe also involving PESTLE eg "Is retrenchment the safest strategy for a business to follow as a result economic downturn?". I'd try to make sure you have a sufficient level of knowledge on all topic areas because a lot of the topics link well and actually make answering the essays easier. It's a far better tactic than pinpointing what may or may not come up.
    What strategies would you recommend? I can only think of retrenchment

ReputationRep:
    Also if anyone has any case studies for section B that would be great. I have section A if you want to swap

ReputationRep:
    Cheers Jim!
    (Original post by Jim Riley)
    You never lose marks in BUSS3 or BUSS4. You can only gain them from showing the relevant assessment skills at some stage. That's why there are so many different ways (e.g. points, calcs) that are acceptable in order to gain marks

J

ReputationRep:
    What topics are likely to come up in Buss4 section B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jessicaw2108)
    What strategies would you recommend? I can only think of retrenchment
    You could suggest investment - it means that when the economy begins to turn back around, the business will be in a far more competitive position than if it decided to downsize. which may be a safer long-term strategy, especially if competitors respond in a similar way.

ReputationRep:
    I was doing a June 2013 physics past paper and in it, it mentioned the death of neil armstrong who died in august 2012, a 10 month difference.

So do you think its possible that the exam board wrote the buss4 paper fairly recently, especially considering a physics past paper takes a lot more time to come up with the questions and mark scheme than the BUSS4 paper?

And in that case i feel there may definitly be a brexit or strongly related to brexit question ...

ReputationRep:
    There is a possibility because they did know about Brexit a year ago !

ReputationRep:
    Just out of interest, who would choose the Brexit themed question if it come up?

ReputationRep:
    Is BUSS3 and BUSS4 50% of the grade each or is it 40% and 60%?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel6)
    Is BUSS3 and BUSS4 50% of the grade each or is it 40% and 60%?
    Both 50%

ReputationRep:
    Both 50%
    Thought that was the case, thanks.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 16, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.