Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is everyone revising all of section B or just focusing on specifics (e.g EU/Retrenchment) in the hope one will be examined?

ReputationRep:
    I have no idae how to revise this exam at all and havent even started yet...any advice please???

i was planning to go through every potential question for section B and get a argument for and against it and try and get some evidence... or would you suggest just getting a few pieces of evidence for each topic for example a few cases for 'Understanding mission, aims and objectives'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jadder1224)
    guys section b and a research here, please add with help, we can form a good evidence resource :

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
    This is beautiful thank you

ReputationRep:
    Would it be okay to revise 5 bullet points for section A instead of 6 as they ask 2 questions or can they ask 2 questions on the same bullet point?

Also how many topics are there to revise for section b I've only done emerging markets, eu and retrenchment and no idea what else to do.

ReputationRep:
    You might find these two videos helpful: cover a lot of ground for Section A and Section B:

Section A Overview

Section B Blast

Jim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim Riley)
    You might find these two videos helpful: cover a lot of ground for Section A and Section B:

Section A Overview

Section B Blast

Jim
    Thanks Jim, you're a 🌟

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any predictions for either section a or b or both?

ReputationRep:
    anyone got any examples that can be used as application across multiple areas and across Section A and B?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andymharrison_)
    anyone got any examples that can be used as application across multiple areas and across Section A and B?
    Tesco and Uber perfect for both Section A and B this year

J

ReputationRep:
    The examples we put in the essays, how thorough do they need to be. Can do we need statistics and dates or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eddie6363)
    The examples we put in the essays, how thorough do they need to be. Can do we need statistics and dates or not.
    The examiners dont expect statistics or dates; if you have a useful stat (e.g. Tesco has around 50% of the UK's online grocery market) then use it - but it is only valuable if it is used to support / illustrate the analysis in your point.

You can see some different examples of how evidence can be used (skill of application) in these example BUSS4 essays:

Retrenchment

Leadership & Change

UK Economic Environment

Jim

ReputationRep:
    anyone got any info on opportunitites and threats created by ecommerce?

ReputationRep:
    What key topics should we concentrate our final revision on for both section A and B?

ReputationRep:
    How detailed does your evidence have to be? And how many examples would you use per paragraph?

How is everyone feeling abut the exam?

ReputationRep:
    For anyone who's worried about fitting everything in I wouldn't bother revising too much for technological and competitive environment for section B, don't think the examiner will ask a question on these as these are the fundamental areas behind section A

ReputationRep:
    Hi could anyone please advise on the following.......
    retrenchment best evidence?
    EU for and against best evidence?
    happy to exchange any notes but section B looking harder than section A for me.

ReputationRep:
    Tesco and Uber perfect for both Section A and B this year

J
    Thanks Jim.

ReputationRep:
    hey, i was wondering how much content do we actually need to know because for the whole brexit question is there really much content or is that mainly just research support?

also for section A what do i need to cover im so confused

ReputationRep:
    Would you be penalised for using your e-commerce knowledge and examples in section B. For example a question in the 2013 paper asked " To what extent do you think that large companies are likely to increase in size further over the next 20 years"
    To me this seems like a perfect opportunity to talk about the increase in rate of technological change but I'm unsure whether it would be seen as too much of a section one answer.

ReputationRep:
    The examiners dont expect statistics or dates; if you have a useful stat (e.g. Tesco has around 50% of the UK's online grocery market) then use it - but it is only valuable if it is used to support / illustrate the analysis in your point.

You can see some different examples of how evidence can be used (skill of application) in these example BUSS4 essays:

Retrenchment

Leadership & Change

UK Economic Environment

Jim
    Ok, Thank you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.