Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by julistha)
    For both section you have to use your own business examples but for section A you have to use the one given in the question as well
    For section A you do not need to use the example given as long as you have your own examples. This is specifically stated in Tutor2U videos I'm sure. I think you are meant to reference the item, but you do not have to use the business.

ReputationRep:
    Q5 on leadership what were you points

ReputationRep:
    I answered question 5 and used Steve Jobs and Howard Schultz as how a new leader is not always the best and then counter argument with Harriet Green

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone write for q2? I put why E- commerce should be a strategy due to bookstore substitutes from Amazon, led to border closure, EDI and supermarket saving etc is this correct?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJO97)
    What did everyone write for q2? I put why E- commerce should be a strategy due to bookstore substitutes from Amazon, led to border closure, EDI and supermarket saving etc is this correct?
    Yes i wrote about bookstores, travel industry, terttiary sector not sure if its wrote tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samm98)
    For section A you do not need to use the example given as long as you have your own examples. This is specifically stated in Tutor2U videos I'm sure.
    Yes you do need to use the example given in section A. Just not in section B. It says in bold in section A to use your own research AND the item above. I don't know how this affects marks though. I haven't seen it being scrutinised in a mark scheme

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanroks1)
    I did question 2 and question 5 and thought they were pretty good! I wasn't sure on my examples for question 2 given it was a forward-looking question, but I tried my best to relate them to possible future developments and how growth isn't predicted to slow down.

Question 5 on leadership was almost identical to one I'd practised a few days before so I was very pleased!

I think my analysis on the whole was better than my application. I often felt like I was rushing towards the end of paragraphs - which is when I bring in examples because I used PAnEL - so they don't have as much depth as I'd have liked, but I couldn't have done any more in the time allocated. Hopefully still enough to secure good though!
    I thought question 2 was to why e-commerce is important as a main strategy? Thus using points as to how it has helped businesses and how it hasn't not predicting the future how can anyone have examples from the future?

ReputationRep:
    For question 4 I included the UK government remaining or leaving the EU as legislation/economic policy but that is all I wrote for UK government. Is that okay? I only wrote a few facts and didn't include businesses My mind went blank and I wish I wrote about 5p bags I also wrote about technological change and how e commerce and digitised products such as streaming films on Netflix brought about the closure of blockbusters. Also wrote about economical change and how the recession caused woolworths to close. About both of these factors I said that the UK government cannot control them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJO97)
    I thought question 2 was to why e-commerce is important as a main strategy? Thus using points as to how it has helped businesses and how it hasn't not predicting the future how can anyone have examples from the future?
    It's talking about why businesses should focus their future strategies on e-commerce. You can talk about how predictions show m-commerce to grow even more rapidly within the next three years. Examples can be from the past, but you need to use them in a way to show how your point would still apply to any future strategies. 'In the future' was the hook of the question and it's where a lot of people slipped up in a similar question that appeared a few years ago.

Question2 I talked about how businesses should opt for omnichannel strategy instead of just ecommerce because asos have a narrow pure play strategy whereas omnichannel businesses reap benefits from both sectors, is this right?

ReputationRep:
    It's talking about why businesses should focus their future strategies on e-commerce. You can talk about how predictions show m-commerce to grow even more rapidly within the next three years. Examples can be from the past, but you need to use them in a way to show how your point would still apply to any future strategies. 'In the future' was the hook of the question and it's where a lot of people slipped up in a similar question that appeared a few years ago.
    But surely showing past examples and explaining how it affected a business and why they should have e-commerce for the future is right?

ReputationRep:
    Hello, did anyone do Q1? Found it actually alright tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buamz97)
    Hello, did anyone do Q1? Found it actually alright tbh.
    I did yes it was a good qn

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sweet what did you put for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJO97)
    But surely showing past examples and explaining how it affected a business and why they should have e-commerce for the future is right?
    If you linked it to the future, then yeah, it would probably be right. The question was primarily focused on the opportunities created by e-commerce, so if you used the example of Uber to show how they took technological leadership with a ride hailing app and then linked this to how m-commerce shows no signs of slowing growth presenting similar opportunities for businesses in the future, then that would work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buamz97)
    Sweet what did you put for it?
    I put
    1) good for shareholders as it is market development and expands geographical reach of a business, wider customer base, more sales. Used John Lewis as an example and sainsburys expanding into China and apple selling iPhones for more in China
    2) good for consumers because of price comparison sites. Used uswitch and travelsupermarket. Bad for shareholders because increased competition, have to cut prices, reduces dividends
    3) bad for shareholders due to operations. Returns, deliveries and warehouses cause increased fixed costs (used marks and asos here). Good for customers because of delivery and reviews on websites.
    Evaluation: depends upon how well businesses can promote in new market, if customer service is good and the nature of the business

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    In my question 5 I used 3 examples of CEO's who came in and used retrenchment as a way to improve business performance because I thought that was really the only way to answer the question, two good examples of retrenchment and one bad, is that okay?

ReputationRep:
    If you linked it to the future, then yeah, it would probably be right. The question was primarily focused on the opportunities created by e-commerce, so if you used the example of Uber to show how they took technological leadership with a ride hailing app and then linked this to how m-commerce shows no signs of slowing growth presenting similar opportunities for businesses in the future, then that would work.
    Well not exactly that obviously, there are different ways you can approach it not just one way..

ReputationRep:
    hi i did question 2 on section a i wrote about uber disruptive technology also how failing to focus on e commence could it fall in market share . i talked about john lewis and zappos too.. Did anyone talk about anything similar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelsom)
    In my question 5 I used 3 examples of CEO's who came in and used retrenchment as a way to improve business performance because I thought that was really the only way to answer the question, two good examples of retrenchment and one bad, is that okay?

i think it is i did something very similar too but i also talked about how new leadership can cause culture resistance leading to higher cost etc

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.