Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Not an NQT and have an interview at a private school..!? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, not sure really where to post this.. bit of a niche topic I guess. Has anyone ever had a teaching interview for English? If so, what should I expect and can you give me any tips? Will it be any different as it's a private school?
    I'm not a qualified teacher and am just finishing up uni. I really, really want the job - they're offering to train me and it's paid too (not to mention in a really good school) - so obviously want to go into the interview well prepared.

ReputationRep:
    im not a teacher or training to be but when I was at college we had a potential new teacher come in and give a lesson as part of his interview, the interviewers sat at the back of the class and asked the students to fill out a small survey afterwards on how clear he was, how interesting it was, if he explained things well and if we learned anything.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.