It’s estimated that at any given time, one in four people will experience a mental health problem. University students are more likely to experience mental health difficulties than other young people so to make your time at university as easy as possible, and to help you get the most out of your experience, the University of Gloucestershire offers a range of services, information and support.
Each campus has a dedicated student Helpzone, a ‘one stop shop’ service providing confidential advice, support and guidance for students.
Our mental health and wellbeing advisers offer a confidential, one-to-one support service before and during your studies. They can also advise on the types of support available to help manage your studies.
We can help with:
* advisory visits to the university before you submit your application
* referrals to mental health services such as the university counselling service or NHS Let’s Talk service
* liaison with academic staff and student services regarding support needs
* support with applying for the Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA).
* mental health awareness training
Contact the mental health and wellbeing advisers for confidential support via [email protected] or by calling 01242 714542
We also have a counselling service available for students to help with any emotional, psychological or mental health difficulties you may experience. The service is free, confidential and run by qualified, professional counsellors who understand the pressures of university life.
* one-to-one counselling drop-in sessions
* a programme of workshops and courses
* couples’ counselling
* specialist sexual health counselling
* support for house and study groups in conflict
The university counselling service works in accordance with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy’s Ethical Framework of Good Practice.
Contact the counselling service for confidential support via [email protected] or by calling 01242 714542
If you have any questions or need advice, please post below or send us a private message and we will refer you to the best person or department to help you.
Ask the Admissions Team anything!