Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied to this uni, but lately I have read a lot of bad comments regarding University of Westminster, I wanted to know if it really is bad and why. I checked the guardian rankings and it doesn't seem that bad.
    Please help!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I don't think it's really bad, it's average; although it is very good for certain things (journalism for example). What subject were you thinking of doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    I don't think it's really bad, it's average; although it is very good for certain things (journalism for example). What subject were you thinking of doing?
    I applied for Architecture. Why do people say it's that bad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mapomapo)
    I applied to this uni, but lately I have read a lot of bad comments regarding University of Westminster, I wanted to know if it really is bad and why. I checked the guardian rankings and it doesn't seem that bad.
    Please help!
    Don't do it, staff are completely unqualified and many do not speak proper English which reflects in the grading, low entry requirements are very noticeable in the poor standard of students. That uni just wants your money and they're not even subtle about it

ReputationRep:
    I would visit the uni on one of the Open days and find out what resources are available for teaching or arrange to speak to a course leader. Staff profiles are online for you to judge. Universities are like women - even those who do not seem to be beautiful on the outside can bear children, usually healthy children.

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you visit the uni on one of the Open days and find out yourself or arrange to meet with the course leader of the course you want to do? University learning is mainly independent learning. I would not rely on comments like the one above about staff not being unqualified - their staff profiles indicate otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am currently on my third year in this university and I have visited many many other places doing my research for the best place to go. It has been a great ride, I loved every moment of this and I feel so very empowered to work and find my future job. The employability (specially) is magnificent here. They do so much to link you up with the real world and you become part of lots of networks. The student voice is also great, the SU, I did many activities on my first year with them and currently I am a founding member of a student society and we do outings and trips and social events. Academically it's great too, so I do not see a reason for being hesitant! All the very best of luck in any choice you'll end up going for! Be well and happy and enjoy your student life while it lasts! heh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilac Taie)
    I do not think this is fair or true at all. I have been s student here for three years and my experience of the staff is of them being professional, approachable and super duper friendly and helpful. I have had a great experience and I continue to do now in my final year here. This goes for the staff in this department (Architecture, great tutors) and in the whole faculty as well as the Student Union and staff dealing with our extra activities!!
    Also, the low entry requirements was totally not the case in my experience. I was accepted much easier in other universities and this one took more work because they gave me a conditional offer and it depended on my getting a merit in my foundation year. So, I feel lucky to be here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mapomapo)
    Please help!
    My friend and I went to an open day and she goes there now; it's not as great as I initially thought it'd be. The campus we visited looked quite outdated and the teaching seems good but not anything to make a big deal of. They did, however, accept her for an alternative course she was interested in due to not meeting the entry requirements for the course she'd applied to

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.