Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone,

Has anyone got any clue when offers / rejections will be going out for children's nursing. I have been waiting since November and it is driving me insane, lol.

I have another offer, but LJMU is where my heart lies, I think this is my favourite uni by far.

Anyone know when the last batch of interviews is?

Many thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I had my interview there mid January and haven't heard anything either. They mentioned on the day that we should all here by the end of February but so far nothing, I think some people have received rejections but nobody has had any offers yet. I also have another offer however LJMU is definitely where I want to go if I have the chance.

ReputationRep:
    I emailed and they said decisions are hopefully being made by the end of next week. Eek. There is only 20 places, but keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

May I ask where your other offer is for?

ReputationRep:
    I remember having my interview here in December and being told that they don't get any offers out till all the interviews are over and that only people being rejected would hear - and would fairly quickly. They said they would be looking at applicants around this time too. Scary to think they may be giving offers out this week! So nervous lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katienursing2015)
    I remember having my interview here in December and being told that they don't get any offers out till all the interviews are over and that only people being rejected would hear - and would fairly quickly. They said they would be looking at applicants around this time too. Scary to think they may be giving offers out this week! So nervous lol.
    Hi,

It certainly is nerve wracking. So do you think they have shortlisted the ones they liked from interview and will then be doing a final whittling down process this week?

I think the fact there is only 20 places for childrens is scary! Have you any other offers and where have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paediatric84)
    Hi,

It certainly is nerve wracking. So do you think they have shortlisted the ones they liked from interview and will then be doing a final whittling down process this week?

I think the fact there is only 20 places for childrens is scary! Have you any other offers and where have you applied?
    That's the impression I got! I guess it just depends on how many good applicants they have left and how many they have rejected! And no offers yet so frustrating😫. Still waiting to hear off Salford and have an interview with uni of Manchester in April! What about you?

ReputationRep:
    That's the impression I got! I guess it just depends on how many good applicants they have left and how many they have rejected! And no offers yet so frustrating😫. Still waiting to hear off Salford and have an interview with uni of Manchester in April! What about you?
    I have an offer for Uclan. Still waiting to hear from salford myself, although i wasnt keen. As i am an access student i am waiting on a response from manchester with an interview date, as they requested updated grades etc.. Another girl in my group got a rejection last week, after her grades were sent, however I have yet to hear anything.
    Its really really frustrating waiting isnt it. It is so hard to get into paediatrics, most of my group have offers for adult nursing, which seems so much easier to get into.
    I hope you get some good news this week )

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer for Uclan. Still waiting to hear from salford myself, although i wasnt keen. As i am an access student i am waiting on a response from manchester with an interview date, as they requested updated grades etc.. Another girl in my group got a rejection last week, after her grades were sent, however I have yet to hear anything.
    Its really really frustrating waiting isnt it. It is so hard to get into paediatrics, most of my group have offers for adult nursing, which seems so much easier to get into.
    I hope you get some good news this week )
    I'm an access student as well! Grades got sent for people in my class for Manchester in the second week of February and we've all had the same interview date for the 13th April. There's only one other person in my class that's applied for children's nursing, the majority have applied for adult nursing and they've all been receiving offers so I agree it gets so frustrating waiting.

Thank you! I hope you do too!

ReputationRep:
    I'm an access student as well! Grades got sent for people in my class for Manchester in the second week of February and we've all had the same interview date for the 13th April. There's only one other person in my class that's applied for children's nursing, the majority have applied for adult nursing and they've all been receiving offers so I agree it gets so frustrating waiting.

Thank you! I hope you do too!
    If you don't mind me asking how did Manchester update you of the interview? ucas or email? I have the grades so hopefully I should get one.

Which college do you attend and how are you finding the access course? I go to bury college and there is a couple in my group that have applied for paediatrics but only because our tutor told them they wouldn't get into midwifery, I think they thought this would be easier for them, but paeds super competitive too!

ReputationRep:
    If you don't mind me asking how did Manchester update you of the interview? ucas or email? I have the grades so hopefully I should get one.

Which college do you attend and how are you finding the access course? I go to bury college and there is a couple in my group that have applied for paediatrics but only because our tutor told them they wouldn't get into midwifery, I think they thought this would be easier for them, but paeds super competitive too!
    They updated via track. I'm sure you will hear off them soon! There's only two people that have applied for midwifery in my class and including me two for children's nursing but no one as got an offer for either of these courses yet. It's definitely still competitive unfortunately! I'm hoping I get at least one offer lol.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=katienursing2015;63074595]They updated via track. I'm sure you will hear off them soon! There's only two people that have applied for midwifery in my class and including me two for children's nursing but no one as got an offer for either of these courses yet. It's definitely still competitive unfortunately! I'm hoping I get at least one offer lol.[/QUOTE

I was fortunate to get one before Christmas from uclan, but I would be going out of my mind if I was still waiting for one, so you have my support, the wait is a killer. The fact John Moores have taken you to the final stages is promising. Please let me know if you hear anything, fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=paediatric84;63074835]
    They updated via track. I'm sure you will hear off them soon! There's only two people that have applied for midwifery in my class and including me two for children's nursing but no one as got an offer for either of these courses yet. It's definitely still competitive unfortunately! I'm hoping I get at least one offer lol.[/QUOTE

I was fortunate to get one before Christmas from uclan, but I would be going out of my mind if I was still waiting for one, so you have my support, the wait is a killer. The fact John Moores have taken you to the final stages is promising. Please let me know if you hear anything, fingers crossed.
    The wait is horrific especially when everyone around you seems to be getting offers😫. And thank you, fingers crossed for you too.

ReputationRep:
    I emailed and they said decisions are hopefully being made by the end of next week. Eek. There is only 20 places, but keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

May I ask where your other offer is for?
    Same and my offer is for Salford, however I also have an interview at Chester tomorrow. Just praying for an offer from LJMU though as I loved it when I went for my interview.

ReputationRep:
    A girl from my access
    Course is at Chester
    Tomorrow for an interview too. Well done on your Salford offer. (The maths at Salford wasn't easy)!

ReputationRep:
    My place has been confirmed at Wolverhampton University and I found out like 2-3 days after my interview I got a place so I must have done something right. There's only 25 places on paeds for Wolvo Uni. I also applied to Birmingham in September and didn't hear about an interview til January.. but no news is good news so fingers crossed for you all waiting!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Omg I've just been told I'm on the reserve list for LJMU. Think I have a chance? Anyone else heard anything?!

ReputationRep:
    I've had an email to say I'm on the reserve list too, feel like it's not good news xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Taylor.13)
    I've had an email to say I'm on the reserve list too, feel like it's not good news xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Me too! 🙁🙁 I feel like emailing them and asking them how many reserves they hold and if I'm like near the top of the list... Have you got offers elsewhere or you just wanting to go LJMU?xx

ReputationRep:
    I feel like doing the exact same haha, and no I'm still waiting to hear back from all my interviews, so this has knocked me, do you have any other offers xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had an interview at Manchester uni and is it just a 1-1 interview?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.