Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi everyone

    So I thought I knew the answer to this, but the further into it I look the more it muddies the water again.

    So I am a Scottish student studying my undergraduate degree in Scotland. After graduation this summer, my plan is to move to Devon to live with my partner, who is based down there with his work.

    As far as I was aware, for any postgraduate studies I would be classed as Scottish domicilied and apply to SAAS. However, now looking more into funding for PGDE funding through SAAS, I've found a statement which reads "If we gave you funding for your first course, and after this you moved to England, Wales or Northern Ireland to work, and were still living and working there on the first day of the first academic year of your course, we will normally consider you to be ordinarily resident there".

    It does state that this would be if you didn't start your postgraduate course immediately after first degree. But if I were to move to England and transfer to a job down there with my current employer, would this take effect for myself?

    I'm also curious about this in relation to the "Masters Loan" available in England, as I would be moving there for reasons other than purely studying.

    Sorry, I'm totally confused and turned around with all of this!
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi cee.cee

    If you are permanently moving to England, you would normally now apply for Student finance England as you are not moving solely for the purpose of studying.


University open days

  1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.