Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i have received an offer from both and don't know which to pick.
    they are both russell group but manchester (LLB law with politics ) is really well know internationally.

however i really liked queen mary (LLB Law with history) when i went on the open day as they are in london and have lots of opportunities to liaison with chambers.

i want to be a barrister and so know going to a great uni is really important not only for reputation but also for contacts.

so if anyone can please suggest which will better? is anyone attending these units currently?

thank you so so much!

ReputationRep:
    Hey ! I've applied for law to and I also want to be a Barrister. The fact that we need to attend top unis is really annoying and puts me really down.
    However,I personally know a barrister who is now a judge who went to Leeds university so you don't always have to go to the top 10.
    You're right about QM having lots of opportunities and links to chambers. Also ,theres a possibility that if you work hard and get 1.1 ,QM will pay for your Masters at Cambridge which would for sure boost your experience,that was the case with a girl from my college.
    I personally think Manchaster is great but if you look at the ranking,QM is higher than Manchaster as far as I'm concerned.
    Nevertheless,neither of them is in top 10
    I applied to QM and got an offer too but I really want to go top 10 so if I get better grades this year,I'll probably take a gap year.
    Hope this helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bookworm2629)
    i have received an offer from both and don't know which to pick.
    they are both russell group but manchester (LLB law with politics ) is really well know internationally.

however i really liked queen mary (LLB Law with history) when i went on the open day as they are in london and have lots of opportunities to liaison with chambers.

i want to be a barrister and so know going to a great uni is really important not only for reputation but also for contacts.

so if anyone can please suggest which will better? is anyone attending these units currently?

thank you so so much!
    I am going to Manchester for straight LLB Law in September, and its a very good university for Law. As said in another post, both are Russell Groups. I'll definitely admit Queen Mary is better than Manchester, but Manchester possesses a brilliant international reputation. Manchester also came out with Oxbridge as one of the universities whose graduates are the most employable in the UK and is 56th in the World University Rankings.

Manchester has a better social which also helped me pick it but its up to you of course!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.