Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Western Values: Rescuing DOG "refugees" in Turkey but not humans Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    flipity flop

But it's only a Monday
    Read up on your history books kid. My closest friend is a blue eyed blond haired Syrian guy. Like most other Syrians and Palestinians and Lebanese people I know. We your cousins bish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    It's so shocking that amount of little racists on here that hates any person of colour working or living in the west. If you had it your way there would never be anyone but white people inhabiting right?

Nah bish,I love my combination of cultures. Variety is the spice of life,that's why you're so damn bitter. My family contributed to the healthcare system,my family are all academics and doctors and engineers that's what you call success and we made it all on our own
    Simple when they packed their bags and left 'home' and chose a western country rather than a country with a similar culture

You love it because it's all you have.

I'm not bitter Queeny I do find though it ironic how those who have no culture of their own tend to lecture those of us who do have one and would not be so willing to give it up in search of 'something better' which is what your folks did and funny enough the something better was not their own culture but the white western one you despise so much.

ReputationRep:
    Read up on your history books kid. My closest friend is a blue eyed blond haired Syrian guy. Like most other Syrians and Palestinians and Lebanese people I know. We your cousins bish
    I can simply read your posting history

One day you're an Arab
    one day you're not
    One day you're as British as I am
    next day you're not you German or Italian or Syrian or whatever you can argue as long as it's something to cause an argument an call someone a racist

And I'll leave it there if you want to continue this PM me as this shouldn't turn into another thread all about little old queeny

ReputationRep:
    Simple when they packed their bags and left 'home' and chose a western country rather than a country with a similar culture

You love it because it's all you have.

I'm not bitter Queeny I do find though it ironic how those who have no culture of their own tend to lecture those of us who do have one and would not be so willing to give it up in search of 'something better' which is what your folks did and funny enough the something better was not their own culture but the white western one you despise so much.
    My daddy was a white westerner and I love him so much. Hahahah we do have a culture. I have an Italian culture and a middle eastern culture and a British. I'm so spoilt for choice and that's why you so bitter. Look,it probably the lack of spices and seasoning in your food. Try some of our middle eastern cooking,it's worked miracles on some bitter racists like yourself. It's opened their hearts hahaha

ReputationRep:
    I can simply read your posting history

One day you're an Arab
    one day you're not
    One day you're as British as I am
    next day you're not you German or Italian or Syrian or whatever you can argue as long as it's something to cause an argument an call someone a racist

And I'll leave it there if you want to continue this PM me as this shouldn't turn into another thread all about little old queeny
    You've shown already your racist,no need for me to do it. I'm a mix Hun.

ReputationRep:
    How have I done that queeny

show me anything where I have said anything derogatory about anyone's Race

Culture perhaps but as your grandparents knew some cultures are better than others (otherwise why choose something better as you claimed?)

but this made me laugh 'my family are all academics and doctors and engineers'

You must be one hell of a disappointment for them
    You have a white superiority complex attitude. No Arab is beneath you,so drop it. Your culture is not superior to any other culture. They didn't come to Germany for a better life because they already had a better life in Syria bish.

Why do you say that? I don't see myself as a disappointment. I'm well educated from a top uni and hold a medicine school offer at another prestigious uni.

ReputationRep:
    You have a white superiority complex attitude. No Arab is beneath you,so drop it. Your culture is not superior to any other culture. They didn't come to Germany for a better life because they already had a better life in Syria bish.

Why do you say that? I don't see myself as a disappointment. I'm well educated from a top uni and hold a medicine school offer at another prestigious uni.
    Nope

You seem fascinated with race (hint * you are the one who keeps mentioning it and only you)

Odd you claimed they went to Germany to seek a better life Queeny it's there in your previous post

And it now seems you are an Arab again (despite a few post back saying you weren't so more flipity flop)

And I said your family must see you as a disappointment given they are all Engineers and Scholars and the such

And as I said those who have no culture seems to have the issues with those of us who do but this is not our problem nor should we be held in a negative light because of decisions your grandparents made when they abandons theirs and left you so confused over your own

ReputationRep:
    Nope

You seem fascinated with race (hint * you are the one who keeps mentioning it and only you)

Odd you claimed they went to Germany to seek a better life Queeny it's there in your previous post

And it now seems you are an Arab again (despite a few post back saying you weren't so more flipity flop)

And I said you family must see you as a disappointment given they are all Engineers and Scholars and the such

And as I said those who have no culture seems to have the issues with those of us who do but this is not our problem nor should we be held in a negative light because of decisions your grandparents made when they abandons theirs and left you so confused over your own
    But you degrade other races and cultures are see them as inferior so what does that make you?

Nope I never said. I said for a change of scenery. We were already wealthy. We didn't come for money.

Arab in the sense that I speak the language and culture but not technically Arab. Wouldn't want to confuse you little mind,you're having trouble catching up as it is

What is your problem. You sound so bitter. You claim I don't have a culture but I've just told you time and time again I've plenty of cultures to choose from. Please stop being jealous and stop eating basic food

I'll just add to the list of doctors like my mother and father and my uncle who is a cardiologist

ReputationRep:
    But you degrade other races and cultures are see them as inferior so what does that make you?
    Not Races culture yes (Xenophobic perhaps but I'm not saying other cultures are 'worse' just that those who seek life in a different culture to get something better acknowledge the failings in their own culture in this regard and that I am quite happy with my culture and shall not be made to fell bad about this by someone who doesn't know what culture they belong to from one day to the next or in the case of this thread from one post to the next.)

I have asked you to back up this claim that I have once denigrated a person because of their race and I see you Haven't

I'll not bother with the rest of your post given you are being dishonest for the sake of simply being argumentative (your usual form)

ReputationRep:
    Lol the Israel government thinks along those lines when it comes to killing innocent Arabs
    WOW You are shooting in all directions.
    My DNA is different from that of a gulf Arab. I don't see Syrians and Lebanese and Jordanians as being Arabs. Our lands were invaded by the Arabs and we speak the language but we are Levantine. We are more European than Arab
    So Palestinians are not Arabs? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I'm half English half Italian remember my mother was the German
    You're half Italian and half Syrian e.g. half Latin (South European) and half Levantine (South East European and Semitic). You're practically wholly European but only English by birthright/the decree of the establishment, not by blood (yet )

Lol the Israel government thinks along those lines when it comes to killing innocent Arabs
    Hard to argue with this tbh. They do rather think themselves the chosen people, and portions of their government see Arabs as little more than animals, which is terribly tragic :sad:

I have never said I was anti western
    It’s the strong impression you give off at times honey, not explicitly but the perception is that it is implicit in some of your rhetoric. I know you’re more balanced than that really, personally, but others don’t have that intimate knowledge of you

I said my allegiance was to Italy and my middle eastern heritage then British because these are the countries of my parents and forefathers
    That’s somewhat understandable, and your right, but the problem is that this reinforces the sense that your loyalty lies not with us

Spoiler:
    Show
    Furthermore, on a personal level, I find this sentiment very disappointing as it means that your primary allegiance is not to my people, the society into which you were born and that has fostered, cared for, and cultivated you, and, instead, to two peoples you have far far less experience of, many of whom would sooner spit on you, as a white, Westernised, Christian girl with Middle Eastern heritage, than treat your feelings of affinity with the gratitude and respect they deserve

I have never said I wanted to live in Syria
    You have said you want to live in Arabia and that you want to stay in places like Syria (e.g. to help sort the country out) before now dear

If you love me, you will accept me for whatever I choose to identify as
    This is true, up to a point (I would never accept fascism/Islamism/inhumanity in my life)

Of course for you, being together in a relationship, my views would change as I said they would because I will be part of your family and always surrounded by your family. Anyway for you, i would choose to identify as British first
    At’s my girl

the security of this country matters more to me because I live here so this'll have a huge impact on me too
    Let’s not forget your friends, family, loved ones, and the legacy/sacrifices of past generations that we recognise, celebrate, and appreciate :yy:

women and children are innocent
    Please don’t be so naive. They are less of a threat, today, but still a threat today, and arguably more of a threat tomorrow (many domestic terrorists/insurgents are not 1st gen immigrants who came as adults)

There should be strict border checks but how are they endangering our society?
    Look into the Syrian conflict and the role that women and children have played/are playing there, if you really don’t know. ISIS used a 4 year old to execute someone just the other day and a child suicide bomber killed 50 Kurds last year :erm:

it hurts me knowing people I share a common background and culture with are suffering
    Completely understand, just as it hurts all humanists, more broadly, to learn of human suffering

Inshallah ya rab all will be fine and there will be peace
    Well, the yanks are now talking about Syria being partitioned (only took them 5 years to come to the same sensible conclusion as the rest of us), so you never know, perhaps one day there will be (lasting) peace

A lot of guys probably don't or won't ever get the opportunity of mating with us princesses of Arabia
    True enough, tis a rare privilege

I was thinking of becoming part of a pageant, miss Syria? Or miss London? or miss syritaliano
    Miss Syria would be cool, as a sort of positive cultural pride/prestige thing, but otherwise methinks it’s just a tad objectifying/feeding unhealthy presentation-obsessed youth culture

So western nations or white westerners are superior to Arabs and other people?
    1) It’s not really for me to comment on blanket relativistic comparisons

2) It’s unhelpful, and often unkind/insensitive to draw such comparisons

3) Whatever one may conclude from such comparative analysis, there are always exceptions to the rule

4) There are a number of different levels to compare nations/races/civilisations on, so evaluation is highly subjective and wide open to criticism

5) Different cultures and societies operate on different, shifting cycles and trajectories e.g. 'The Dark Ages' vs. ‘Islamic Golden Age’

hence the confusion and hatred of the west
    Yes and no, she doesn’t hate the West, but she is critical of Western society and (understandably) angry at the establishment for the way it/our allies have operated in the land of her ancestors

they abandoned their culture .. to live in a culture they contributed nothing to
    Their culture was left behind when they left it for a western country
    One doesn’t necessarily abandon one’s culture when one emigrates, and clearly her grandparents did not abandon theirs (queen-bee is testament to that), and to suppose they contributed nothing to our culture is plainly false too (not least because diversity, and the positives it brings, has entered into our culture)

(Original post by al_94)
    I have no idea what secular liberalism humanism is
    A non-religious ideology of freedom centred on the sanctity of human rights, welfare, and dignity :nyan:

My closest friend IRL is a blue eyed blond haired Syrian guy
    Corrected :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)

Private property may be accessible to the public at certain times, at the discretion of the owners, but by public place I’m talking about places where the public may always expect (e.g. by law) to freely roam. Plainly, women are generally freer to bear flesh on private/exclusive property

Never in doubt
    Okay. You clearly know more about how women dress in Lebanon than me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by admonit)
    WOW You are shooting in all directions.

So Palestinians are not Arabs? :cool:
    To the rest of the world we are Arabs but we know we are Levantine. Don't try to cover up crimes committed by the state of Israel against the innocent women and children and men who are dying

ReputationRep:
    Not Races culture yes (Xenophobic perhaps but I'm not saying other cultures are 'worse' just that those who seek life in a different culture to get something better acknowledge the failings in their own culture in this regard and that I am quite happy with my culture and shall not be made to fell bad about this by someone who doesn't know what culture they belong to from one day to the next or in the case of this thread from one post to the next.)

I have asked you to back up this claim that I have once denigrated a person because of their race and I see you Haven't

I'll not bother with the rest of your post given you are being dishonest for the sake of simply being argumentative (your usual form)
    Lost the argument already have we?

ReputationRep:
    Lost the argument already have we?
    No just waiting for you to show me where I have denigrated someone because of their race.

When you've done this I'll engage again until them I'll leave you to your own ramblings.

Besides queeny it seems enough people will call your out for your issues regarding other peoples race and culture..

ReputationRep:
    Does that make all Arabs terrorists and rapists? I think not sweety
    Islam isn't a race btw.
    But there is a trend in the numbers - a connection. Statistics clearly evidence that and the number of muslim men who have been involved in sex grooming gangs, terror plots and other barbarities is disproportionately high compared to the rest of society.

Ignoring the connection is actually a form of discrimination, you're discriminating against the victims and giving the perpetrators automatic cover because of their culture/religion.

ReputationRep:

I've no interest becoming embroiled in this little feud, but one thing I do feel the need to say is that the Western culture is superior to damn near any other culture in the world. Our culture is far more tolerant and inclusive than any other culture that I can think of, and it's certainly more open-minded than the arab culture. That's not racist, it's just a fact. I don't think Western culture is perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it's the best attempt by humans so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke Kostanjsek)
    I've no interest becoming embroiled in this little feud, but one thing I do feel the need to say is that the Western culture is superior to damn near any other culture in the world. Our culture is far more tolerant and inclusive than any other culture that I can think of, and it's certainly more open-minded than the arab culture. That's not racist, it's just a fact. I don't think Western culture is perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it's the best attempt by humans so far.
    No that's an opinion of yours not a fact

ReputationRep:
    No just waiting for you to show me where I have denigrated someone because of their race.

When you've done this I'll engage again until them I'll leave you to your own ramblings.

Besides queeny it seems enough people will call your out for your issues regarding other peoples race and culture..
    Your denigrated me saying I have no culture and that Arabs are beneath you. The only one that seems to have an issue with other cultures/races living in western society is you. Not that your opinions matter

ReputationRep:
    No that's an opinion of yours not a fact
    It's an opinion that Western culture is more inclusive and tolerant than arab culture? I'd be interested to hear how you could possibly claim the arab culture is anywhere close to as tolerant as our own.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.