Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Western Values: Rescuing DOG "refugees" in Turkey but not humans Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by childofthesun)
    Hahaha, I have no resentment towards Syrian people or Syria as a country-the government,perhaps. I'm sure you can guess the country to which all my resentment and hatred is directed
    Sees your country occupied by an Arab country......saves all hatred and resentment only for the Israelis. The Arab world in a nutshell and a picture of why it's completely backwards, constantly devoid of progress and always will be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    i used to vacation a lot to the Levant,both Syrian an Lebanon and other middle eastern countries used to be our top holiday destination back when i was a teenager so it's been ages. the other countries i have stayed in for a lot longer(the 4 i have mentioned)
    So how can you have lived in the UK for 24 years and be 24 years old yet have lived in 4 other countries for long periods of time?

But as I said holidays don't count

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HucktheForde)
    I once said to her she is rich and privileged for being able to afford to travel on taxi everyday and she denied.

For someone who can afford to travel between US / Germany / Italy / Swiss she certainly is quite.............rich?
    you too can work hard and take a taxi to work everyday should you wish,it's not a big deal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    I suspect the reason she's had issues with marginalisation is more to do with the fact she has some serious issues with white people not the other way round.
    Perhaps. Perhaps not.

But if you don't think racism still exists in the UK then you are very mistaken. And, in that regard, QB's sentiments of not feeling universally accepted are (plausibly) valid.

ReputationRep:
    you too can work hard and take a taxi to work everyday should you wish,it's not a big deal.
    yes i am aware of that. Thx for the encouragement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polysexual Nymph)
    Perhaps. Perhaps not.

But if you don't think racism still exists in the UK then you are very mistaken. And, in that regard, QB's sentiments of not feeling universally accepted are (plausibly) valid.
    Not a claim I'd make but in her case I'd say it's because of her attitude towards people of the country she is a part of (read this thread and you'll she she is quite happy to refer to people using the colour of their skin, something ONLY she has done)

ReputationRep:
    You told me your mother is German

Is this not correct now?
    yes she was but how does that make me German?

and i have no issues with white people,my own family are white. what i have an issue with is white supremacy/superiority complex

ReputationRep:
    yes she was but how does that make me German?

and i have no issues with white people,my own family are white. what i have an issue with is white supremacy/superiority complex
    So you are half German half Italian

For someone who hates 'racism' you do go on about other peoples race a lot and deny your own a lot as well.

ReputationRep:
    So you are half German half Italian

For someone who hates 'racism' you do go on about other peoples race a lot and deny your own a lot as well.
    don't remember discussing anybody else's race in great detail.

ReputationRep:
    don't remember discussing anybody else's race in great detail.
    Your posts on this thread are littered with negative references to 'white' people and their lack of 'culture'

ReputationRep:
    I see the Mods are implementing Sharia law: Bacon(andSauce) has officially been banned.

ReputationRep:
    loool I'm not your queen habibi! they're arab by name,share the same culture and language but by blood its a different story. when you search the history of such lands such as syria,you'll know the real truth. some refuse to call themselves as arabs( eg phoenicians)
    Didn't you constantly underline that you have different culture and that you were walking around wearing a mini dress in Lebanon? Did you visit Muslim districts too, habibti?
    the biggest liar is the israeli government advocating the killing of innocet arabs.
    You could put this stuff into your signature instead of repeating it in every post. Just a suggestion.

ReputationRep:
    Okay. You clearly know more about how women dress in Lebanon than me
    I highly doubt it. Feel free to take some snaps of ladyfolk out and about around Beirut, when you get the chance, to educate those of us who’ve never been, if you feel it will be enlightening :yy:

(Original post by Luke Kostanjsek)
    Western culture is superior to damn near any other culture in the world. Our culture is far more tolerant and inclusive
    Tolerance without condition renders a civilisation not just inferior but, ultimately, doomed. The West is going to implode if it doesn’t wake up and acknowledge the need for pragmatism in pluralism

I don't think Western culture is perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it's the best attempt by humans so far
    What about oriental e.g. Japanese culture? More conformist, and arguably orderly/efficient, and less perversely individualistic :curious:

hahah wait, i thought levantine people were from southern Europe,no?
    Sorry, yes, have amended (South East European and Semitic)

hahaha is that so? i have lived here for 24 years,i think i qualify by now
    You’re British, there’s no doubt about that, but English is something a bit different (intimately linked with heritage)

would i have to marry an Englishman for that to be the case?
    Kind of, you’d have to have some English in you :mmm:

what do you mean by loyalties do not lie with us?
    You feel primary/a stronger sense of loyalty to other peoples

i have been subject to racism here within the city I've lived in for 24 years
    You’d get that more so in Italy, trust me

sometimes i feel like i can never be seen as equals with a native such as yourself
    In most respects you can, and should. When it comes to Englishness you'll never be seen as 'the same' as a native by everyone but that’s the same the world over and it’s swings and roundabouts as we also acknowledge your more than compensatory exotic charm

so now you're implying i am a fascist/islamist because i disagree with Islamophobia
    Absolutely not, was just agreeing with you but adding a caveat in relation to exemplar ideologies that I could not live with

so you are worried that if they come here they'll do the same?
    Yup, plus other socioeconomic problems I’ve flagged in the past associated with Muslim settlement

you think that's going to bring peace? i am not so sure tbh. what will happen to the kurds/peshmerga
    It’s the only way to bring peace the way things stand presently. The Kurds will have to have their own autonomous region or else fight for and win independence (the [disgraceful] Turkish establishment are presently moving to stop this from happening)

only you get that privilege :sexface:
    When’s that then, exactly?..:curious:

i'll probably be scared for my own life tho
    Don’t see why, when you don’t have to compete in the region and will likely be living in a very peaceful place before long (inshallah)

you'll always be my best friend,lawrence and alot more :sexface:
    Good to know :emog:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    Sees your country occupied by an Arab country......saves all hatred and resentment only for the Israelis. The Arab world in a nutshell and a picture of why it's completely backwards, constantly devoid of progress and always will be.
    Okay :yy:

ReputationRep:
    There so many kids like you on here who look down on other countries because they're not part of the west and inferior and white. Drop the BS attitude. We are all equal
    As someone with Israeli\British dual Nationality I can say I completely support this

We are all Equal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    I highly doubt it. Feel free to take some snaps of ladyfolk out and about around Beirut, when you get the chance, to educate those of us who’ve never been, if you feel it will be enlightening :yy:
    It will be pure filth foo

It will be belly dancers smoking hookahs whilst shouting obscenities towards the West.

I promise you, you will be turned on in a weird BDSM sorta way

if you're into that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by get schlonged m8)
    It will be pure filth foo

It will be belly dancers smoking hookahs whilst shouting obscenities towards the West.

I promise you, you will be turned on in a weird BDSM sorta way

if you're into that
    :lol: you speak from experience?

ReputationRep:
    :lol: you speak from experience?
    I've always been on good terms with middle easterners so not at all :angel:

ReputationRep:
    The way it is immediately obvious who lives outside the M25. :lol:

God I hope London achieves independence one day. You losers can have your second rate country to yourselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuyReturns)
    The way it is immediately obvious who lives outside the M25. :lol:

God I hope London achieves independence one day. You losers can have your second rate country to yourselves.
    Lol exactly. These non Londoners have a lot to learn. I hope London becomes independent in future. The rest of the U.K. Is irrelevant to us Londoners

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.