Turn on thread page Beta

Western Values: Rescuing DOG "refugees" in Turkey but not humans watch

(Original post by childofthesun)
    Shame. It comes in handy when booking holidays, I can get into lots of countries without a visa :lol:
    Not to mention: you can vote for Senator Sanders (assuming you're 18). :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    ISIS is comprised largely of Arab Muslims they only have themselves to blame

This is why I say we shouldn't take a single damn migrant they should all be sent to places like Saudi Arabia

The people coming here have no genetic or cultural affiliation with Europe. They do not belong and will only be resented by many of the indigenous population.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Is it meant to be 'gangsta?' :holmes: I remember somebody on my VMs once using it like that, I think.
    R is the first letter of c's name (don't ask me who c is...)

g is just short for gangsta, yes

(Original post by Polysexual Nymph)
    don't ask me who c is
    Who's C?

ReputationRep:
    Not to mention: you can vote for Senator Sanders (assuming you're 18). :puppyeyes:
    I'm not sure if I can. I haven't been resident in the US(apart from the first few weeks of my life) so idk.
    And Sanders? I'd definitely vote Trump if I could

I'm not sure if I can. I haven't been resident in the US(apart from the first few weeks of my life) so idk.
    Hmm, I don't know how residence affects voting rights in the U.S., to be honest.

And Sanders? I'd definitely vote Trump if I could

ReputationRep:
    Who's C?

C is how I grade your life to date.
    Spoiler:
    Show

From A-C.

(Original post by queen-bee)
    You seem to be angry which goes to show you're very hot
    Wanna rephrase that? :mmm:

(Sorry for the late commentary -- I'm only just reading your spat with Cato.)

C is how I grade your life to date.

Spoiler:
    Show

From A-C.
    The spoiler is like salt on wounds. :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    This.

I used to know a Lebanese kid when I was in Saudi Arabia and he stopped coming to school for quite a long time after visiting Lebanon and, when he came back, his father had to carry him on his shoulders for months because he couldn't walk. He'd told us that his mother had been killed by a direct hit from a rocket, which seemed pretty odd to me.

I didn't particularly like him and I was very sheltered from all the politics then, so I didn't make too much of this at the time but it was only later when I came back to the UK and started to get educated about these things that I made the link with the 2006 war between Israel and Lebanon and realised that it roughly coincided with his absence from school. It did make me appreciate, after a period of being very pro-Israel, that there are legitimate personal reasons why some people hate Israel, quite apart from anti-Semitism.
    Reading that made me really sad
    I was living in Leb during that time and it was awful.

ReputationRep:
    I understand. My apologies for the confusion.

Cato is inclined to view things in a certain way (/through a certain lens), and is rather arrogant in his beliefs, but he's not an idiot - I'm sure he has come to realise that your posts are not indicative of racism and are the perfectly reasonable consequence of your experiences.
    Perhaps^^

ReputationRep:
    Oh shut up already with your racist garbage

(Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Please see bolded text. Those were omitted as they were likely taken on private/exclusive property e.g. shopping arcade/restaurant :yy:
    Yeah, Israel was definitely trying to help us when they bombed my home village,killing my relatives and friends.

Ofc, any criticism of Israel is antisemitic :rolleyes:
    :lolwut:

Most countries have problems with letting their citizens hold the citizenship of even one other country. How have you managed to end up with four countries that are okay with this arrangement?
    (Original post by Jetboy)
    It's funny how people seek nuance when it isn't there but then expect the whole of the western side of the planet to have moral consistency. If I pointed out the hypocrisies of eastern dictatorships we would be here all day. When Middle Eastern countries start taking in the refugees on their dorrstop I will listen to your lecture about moral inconsistencies.

Europe has many failings but it has opened the borders to millions. How many have Kuwait let in? The UAE? Qatar? These are the so-called moderate states by the way. I am sure many of their population would like to take in a percentage of genuine refugees but it is the liberal democracies that are actually doing it.
    he is saying your racism is derived from the inconsistency in how you view syria's occupation of lebanon and israel's occupation - implying that it is because one is arab and the other is jewish that you view them differently.

but as this inconsistency can be explained by israel being directly responsible for the deaths of your family members (and syria not) then his point is evidently moot.
    In other news, students may need to learn about Islamic civilisation, Mayan culture or Benin in West Africa but they need not study British kings and queens. WOW!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/648...ignore-British

ReputationRep:
    Wanna rephrase that? :mmm:

(Sorry for the late commentary -- I'm only just reading your spat with Cato.)
    That's why his little ass is so salty Coz he's not getting attention from middle eastern girls with that ugly ass racist personality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audrey18)
    In other news, students may need to learn about Islamic civilisation, Mayan culture or Benin in West Africa but they need not study British kings and queens. WOW!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/648...ignore-British
    Take that up with the prime minister

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    People make their own decisions animals don't.

But yes this is a sign of superior western secular liberalism humanism.

But tell us what would you have done to them?
    So other countries do not possess this superior secular liberalism complex? #whitesuperioritycomplex

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Please see bolded text. Those were omitted as they were likely taken on private/exclusive property e.g. shopping arcade/restaurant :yy:
    See how pretty our girls are.

ReputationRep:
    My mother has never suffered misogyny
    That's because she was born in Germany

ReputationRep:
    So other countries do not possess this superior secular liberalism complex? #whitesuperioritycomplex
    Perhaps you could name some of them for us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    That's because she was born in Germany
    So? Surely if Arabian culture is so oppressive,she would've been forced into an arrange marriage instead of choosing to marry a Swiss Italian gynaecologist?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 3, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.