Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  257.3 KBTake the test and see if your British enough! citizenpaper. co.uk
    If you fail the test YOUR NOT BRITISH 😝 MWAahaha
    It's actually hard. How do new comers even pass this??
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    I have no clue it is impossible! I don' know half of those answers :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy Lizard Lady)
    I have no clue it is impossible! I don' know half of those answers :s
    Don't quit!!!!! The all point of learning is trying different things your uncomfortable with 😛let's simplify this for you. Just take the first two and see how well you do http://citizenpaper.co.uk/life-in-the-uk-test/

ReputationRep:
    Take a snapshots and lets how clever lot your are 😳
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by Grace019)
    Don't quit!!!!! The all point of learning is trying different things your uncomfortable with 😛let's simplify this for you. Just take the first two and see how well you do http://citizenpaper.co.uk/life-in-the-uk-test/
    Haha I tried the first 8 questions of the first test and got them all wrong so given up How did u do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazy Lizard Lady)
    Haha I tried the first 8 questions of the first test and got them all wrong so given up How did u do?
    Don't give up! ahahaha
    I actually failed about 6 times lol

ReputationRep:
    Don't give up! ahahaha
    I actually failed about 6 times lol
    On Life in the UK test - citizenpaper
    Test 8 question 2
    Which of these are “Crown Dependencies”?The Channel Islands and the Isle of Man[*]2. St Helena and Wales [*]3. Ireland and the Channel Islands [*]4. St Helena and Falkland Islands
    http://citizenpaper.co.uk/life-in-the-uk-test-8/

Like who would seriously know this??? I need to understand what crown dependencies is first lol

ReputationRep:
    Passed it. It isn't that hard, mostly common knowledge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    100% on first one! (Although I did guess a few)

ReputationRep:
    You're back again, trying to promote your broken website? I left it the first time, but seriously?

I notice you never responded to this (despite responding to my other post).
    (Original post by JoeTSR)
    Pull the other one.

You don't need to do any emailing, you joined yesterday and posted this thread within 10 minutes of your first post.
    And at least be a bit more original with your usernames:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...1&postcount=79
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=2390623

I don't understand this whole test thing eiter.

If British people who were born and bred here can't pass this then how much more other people who are coming in to the country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackstarr)
    I don't understand this whole test thing eiter.

If British people who were born and bred here can't pass this then how much more other people who are coming in to the country.
    They could pass it if they listened in school.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by DiddyDec)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, the thing is, some of the questions are not thought in school.

I did history GCSE in school and some of the questions are not familiar with me, nor do they ring any bells.

Or if the material actually had something to do with living in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    Well, the thing is, some of the questions are not thought in school.

I did history GCSE in school and some of the questions are not familiar with me, nor do they ring any bells.
    I stopped doing history at 14. I still got most of the history questions right

(Original post by Hydeman)
    Or if the material actually had something to do with living in the UK.
    Some of the questions are, like my personal favourite "what time does a public house open?"

But yes I do agree there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I stopped doing history at 14. I still got most of the history questions right

Some of the questions are, like my personal favourite "what time does a public house open?"

But yes I do agree there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    well, that is down to the individual, some people may not get it right.

Anyway, I don't see the point of this test, it does not test your actual knowledge of Britain because its just like a guessing game.

ReputationRep:
    well, that is down to the individual, some people may not get it right.

Anyway, I don't see the point of this test, it does not test your actual knowledge of Britain because its just like a guessing game.
    It isn't a guessing game if you know the answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It may be pointless, but it's not a guessing game. There's an official book which contains everything you need to know to pass this test. Anybody who studies for it can pass it with relative ease, no guesswork involved.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    The test is not meant to be taken blind. There are handbooks which cover all of the knowledge required for the test.

In other words, it's an examination of general knowledge to be acquired through reading and understanding English texts covering history, literature, arts, geography, social structure, politics, popular culture, laws, the EU etc. The sort of things one picks up with years of experience and not necessarily through formal education.

The exam lasts 45 minutes for 24 questions which is hardly taxing unless there is no motivation or ability to apply oneself or have difficulty reading and understanding English.

If you have the ability to enter GCSE level education including English Literature (from year 9 onwards) you should have no problems in studying for and passing these exams.

It isn't a guessing game if you know the answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah but if you don't know then it is.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.