Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girls: What social pressures do you face? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amellia123)
    I suppose its because clean fingernails show good hygiene (you wouldn't want to go out with a 'dirty' person would you?!)

I really cannot stand the Kardashians.... they are literally paid to live :rofl:
    Same. Can't wait for this extreme contouring thing to die.

Pillar box red lips are obviously not natural, but are beautiful. But fakery and taking what you were born with as only a light suggestion is not my idea of beautiful. I also don't think it's healthy.

ReputationRep:
    1. To lose weight
    2. Be pretty
    3. Have fabulously smooth and clear skin
    4. Find a boyfriend to get married and have kids before my ovaries explode
    5. Get a first because according to my cousins English is the 'easiest' subject

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrPoopaLoopa)
    Pressure is the force per unit area.This means that the pressure a solid object exerts on another solid surface is its weight in newtons divided by its area in square metres.Pressure can be found using the equation:
    • The unit for pressure is the pascal (Pa).
    • One pascal is equivalent to one newton per square metre.
    • Atmospheric pressure is approximately 1 × 105 Pa.
    Name:  1456645758784.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  49.6 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pressure from bosses to flirt with male clients to win business
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome Squad
    A lot are saying to be slim, but I'd say I feel pressure to be more curvy. I constantly hear that curvy is best and that men don't like bones, and as someone who has a very slim figure, it's difficult. I have boobs (just!) and a decent bum but I do feel unattractive due to my small hips and thin legs etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RomanKing)
    Fabulous!!!
    Why thank you !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leavingthecity)
    Shallow as this is...it's a deal breaker when it comes to attraction.

Bet men don't feel any particular pressure to have clean fingernails though.

I feel there is now a pressure to be extreme...like a Kardashian....beauty wise...
    There is a healthy amount of pressure on people of both genders to maintain hygiene.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.