But Putin is bae :love:
    lmao really?

(Original post by Alexion)
    Hahaha :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Savage. :rofl:
    That's what you get when you insist on calling me Ethel/Ethel Nympho

You didn't take that personally, did you? :erm: I was talking generally. The reason with you, as ever, is that I'm a commitment-phobe.
    Course not :tong: but I am still at a loss to your logic on the matter, esp considering the situation with your bum chum.

So I was never eligible to begin with? :lol:
    Eligibility is not a barrier to ground work but it is a barrier to instant fruition.

You don't frequent the religion/faith and spirituality forums, do you? :rolleyes:
    The slight at Planta was unsubstantiated and was merely in the interest of bantz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    Bring back:

1) The old rep system
    2) Neg rep
    3) Gold and disco gems
    4) A mandatory message with all reps
    5) The black gem for those who hide their rep

I may be the only one who remembers some of these things though
    Disco gems! I never even came close to the disco gem.

I do miss the mandatory messages. They were gems in their own right.

Name:  gems.PNG
Views: 51
Size:  7.7 KB

(from my original TSR account)

Occasionally I got essays and informative feedback.
    Attached Images

• Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Gah, I'm super jealous

(Original post by lol-done)
    lmao really?
    Lol I was being sarcastic, I don't know enough about current affairs to really have anything logical to say....
    But when I went to Moscow last year, he was on nearly every T-Shirt in every souvenir shop...
    Heck they even had condoms with pictures of his face on them :/
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    so the gems were disco like colourful and spinning? :eek:

lmao really?
    We had the two types of green like now, then there was a series of yellow/gold gems and then disco gems which flashed various different colours

:holmes: two differing opinions. Let's discuss this.
    There could possibly be an onlooking medical professional who can provide help to the desperate OP...
    just shutting it down assumes the OP is trolling which is not nice to say the least lol
    but sites like FB where suicide threats are posted, FB reps then have to speak on it.
    Facebook is a slightly different story, though. The userbase isn't nearly as niche and the number of active users makes it very difficult to moderate these things. Also, it's not really comparable to a website that's centred around public forums rather than private 'timelines' and 'like pages.'

Anyway, I seem to remember a member of the ST mentioning that they don't just delete the thread and leave the OP on their own -- they apparently PM them and tell them where and how to seek help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by homeland.lsw)
    Lol I was being sarcastic, I don't know enough about current affairs to really have anything logical to say....
    But when I went to Moscow last year, he was on nearly every T-Shirt in every souvenir shop...
    Heck they even had condoms with pictures of his face on them :/
    Yea. The only time Putin will ever get so much puss in his life.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by mscaffrey)

What was your old account?

The messages are the first thing that should be returned. They were always fun to read.

ReputationRep:
    We had the two types of green like now, then there was a series of yellow/gold gems and then disco gems which flashed various different colours
    I am being so sincere when I say:

That. Sounds. Amazing.

(Original post by Ethereal World)
    Course not :tong: but I am still at a loss to your logic on the matter, esp considering the situation with your bum chum.
    You'll have to explain this, because I don't get it. :holmes: Who's my 'bum chum?'

Eligibility is not a barrier to ground work but it is a barrier to instant fruition.
    If only universities and employers had that attitude. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Facebook is a slightly different story, though. The userbase isn't nearly as niche and the number of active users makes it very difficult to moderate these things. Also, it's not really comparable to a website that's centred around public forums rather than private 'timelines' and 'like pages.'

Anyway, I seem to remember a member of the ST mentioning that they don't just delete the thread and leave the OP on their own -- they apparently PM them and tell them where and how to seek help.
    That's cool. But one time I really did post a suicide thread for the banter and it got shut down with not even a "it gets better" :rofl:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I am being so sincere when I say:

That. Sounds. Amazing.
    It was cool. I don't actually remember if I ever had a disco gem. I don't think I did actually, but I think I was reasonably close as I remember being pissed off when they changed it. Of the users that are still somewhat active now it was Profesh who had the most rep - 3 disco gems if I recall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mscaffrey)

That "please refrain" one is banter.

That's cool. But one time I really did post a suicide thread for the banter and it got shut down with not even a "it gets better" :rofl:
    Hmm, so it's not as consistent as that ST member claimed. Interesting. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    congratulations

ReputationRep:
    It was cool. I don't actually remember if I ever had a disco gem. I don't think I did actually, but I think I was reasonably close as I remember being pissed off when they changed it. Of the users that are still somewhat active now it was Profesh who had the most rep - 3 disco gems if I recall.
    I wonder why they took it down?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, so it's not as consistent as that ST member claimed. Interesting. :beard:
    Lol.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be there very soon :smug:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.