Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

My time has come. I thank you all. xx watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Warsmith)
    Or that you have the simple ability to place somewhat humorous comment at the start of a thread in Chat...
    Based on loads of threads in Chat I've seen...

I wouldn't call humour a simple ability...

:rofl:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by mscaffrey)
    I was...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    leala4628. I wasn't very TSR famous, though (I was Cambridge offer-holder's-thread famous - I remember a guy recognising me during my first week there based on the info I had shared in that thread and that scared me). That username no longer exists because I changed it, but apparently I joined on the 6th May 2008. I only managed 7294 posts.
    I don't remember you.

Which year did you apply?

I was 2010 I think and in my year had the most posts in the application threads.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    '**** was my tag, bro???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ByronicHero)
    Are you for or against them?

Please be against :facepalm2:
    It wasn't about being for or against. The argument centred around the person in question's generalisation that ALL grammar school kids and private school kids are equally privileged. This is not the case.

If you want me to paste what I literally wrote to Hydeman in a PM on this topic then I shall if you give me the green light.

Nearly went to write- 'Thanks, Ethereal (although my real name)- because I've been writing too many e-mails at work. I actually put Thanks, >real name< to someone on a birthday card message earlier today as well. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    I have witnessed that, but I'm not sure that that conclusion follows from the premises. :holmes:

Anyway, why is he my 'bum chum?'
    I'm just messing around. He loves you.

(Original post by Ethereal World)
    I'm just messing around. He loves you.
    Hmm, okay. That's nice to know.

ReputationRep:
    I don't remember you.

Which year did you apply?

I was 2010 I think and in my year had the most posts in the application threads.
    I applied for 2009 entry. I was always near the top, but we migrated onto Skype chats too in the end. I used to get voicemails overnight from when group calls had been happening while I was asleep. They were simple days.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by lol-done)
    That is unbecoming of a Lord :pierre:
    (actually maybe it's just like a Lord lol)

(Original post by toonervoustotalk)
    Too bad you cant
    :mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    '**** was my tag, bro???
    aaah I'm sorry :cry2: :hugs:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    It wasn't about being for or against. The argument centred around the person in question's generalisation that ALL grammar school kids and private school kids are equally privileged. This is not the case.

If you want me to paste what I literally wrote to Hydeman in a PM on this topic then I shall if you give me the green light.

Nearly went to write- 'Thanks, Ethereal (although my real name)- because I've been writing too many e-mails at work. I actually put Thanks, >real name< to someone on a birthday card message earlier today as well. :facepalm2:
    I can't give you the green light to paste from somebody else's PM messages with you.

It's fine though, I agree with you. Private and grammar schools are abhorrent though (and I went to a good grammar school so not even jelly).
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I applied for 2009 entry. I was always near the top, but we migrated onto Skype chats too in the end. I used to get voicemails overnight from when group calls had been happening while I was asleep. They were simple days.
    Haha so did we.

My name was paddy__power back then in case it rings any bells.

Edit: it occurs to me that I would have been applying in 2009....

ReputationRep:
    I can't give you the green light to paste from somebody else's PM messages with you.

It's fine though, I agree with you. Private and grammar schools are abhorrent though (and I went to a good grammar school so not even jelly).
    I was privately educated and you see how I am :rofl: and then I went to a public secondary school, after trying to apply to a grammar school due to my mother's persistence. She picked subjects I didn't like so I bombed it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Warsmith)
    Or that you have the simple ability to place somewhat humorous comment at the start of a thread in Chat...
    :dry: fine. Take all the reps, which mean nothing to you lol

ReputationRep:
    Haha so did we.

My name was paddy__power back then in case it rings any bells.

Edit: it occurs to me that I would have been applying in 2009....
    I do remember that name! I had no idea that was you, though. You were the year after me. I remember you being pretty active on the forums but I probably remember the name mostly from creeping on that applicants thread. I wanted to know who was coming after us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    Finally did it

10 gems is here... thanks to Anon_98 for the rep that pushed me over the 12800 mark :yep:

Precisely 52 days after I hit 9 gems, I have finally reached my ultimate goal.

I love you all.

Peace.

xx

P.S. I want you to shoot me if I start talking about 11 gems. I don't have time for that ****.

P.P.S. I win, Zarg
    hey Op have you heard of this new video game?

ReputationRep:

No. it is my PM (therefore my IP) and doesn't implicate the other user at all. You cool with it Hydeman?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Death Grips)
    hey Op have you heard of this new video game?
    Yeah, gave it a go, wasn't much good tbh :dontknow:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    welcome to the 10 gem squad enjoy
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I do remember that name! I had no idea that was you, though. You were the year after me. I remember you being pretty active on the forums but I probably remember the name mostly from creeping on that applicants thread. I wanted to know who was coming after us.
    I was very active on TSR back then, much more so than the last few years anyway.

Most people didn't know I changed my name outside of the MHoC but every now and again I get a message or quote asking me if I was once paddy__power
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    No. it is my PM (therefore my IP) and doesn't implicate the other user at all. You cool with it Hydeman?
    Safe. I'll take a look.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.