Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MariaTeodora)
    Hello! I've sent this message as an e-mail to the accommodation contact address but I haven't gotten a response yet so I thought this might be faster

My offer has changed from conditional to unconditional last week and I was advised to apply for accommodation as soon as possible. I reserved a room in Hall 2 days ago, but I'm not sure I understand when does the room bond need to be paid. Can I pay it right now (in the next 8 days) or do I have to wait to receive another e-mail in the following weeks before I pay it?

I would also like to know if it's possible to occupy the room a day early (Telford Hall receives students on 29 September but my flight is on 28 September) or if I need to find an alternative for that night. Thank you very much!
    The room bond section on the Accommodation Centre will become available as soon as you can pay the bond. I paid the bond a few days/weeks after reserving the room! Don't worry, it will be paid before you move in. It will tell you when you can reserve it.

As for the second q, I'm not sure. You might need to find a hotel for the night! Ones locally offer discounts to uni students. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, can someone tell me when freshers week actually is? Just seen a few events on Facebook and their dates are earlier than the moving in dates??
    Any help would be great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helen945)
    I am which accommodation have you applied for?
    I haven't yet, my place got accepted on the 1st so I'm still waiting, sorry for such a slow reply, but I'm thinking either William Morris, Robert Bakewell or Hazlerigg - Rutland
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Got Loughborough as my firm to study Mathematics and here's hoping I'll get the place!
    Seeing how my exams went, probably won't get to be here though
    Still, fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    Lugah Bah Rugah is my insurance to study Chemistry

ReputationRep:
    where is Falkner Eggington in relation to the campus? and also wondering how many of the halls are mixed with undergraduates and post? don't know it id be better off with all undergraduates or not.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by ellenfaure)
    where is Falkner Eggington in relation to the campus? and also wondering how many of the halls are mixed with undergraduates and post? don't know it id be better off with all undergraduates or not.
    Hi ellenfaure

Falkner Eggington (know as Falk-Egg) is right behind the James France building in the middle of the campus — if you've been to one of our open days James France is the building where we hold the main subject exhibition. While it's not in the main 'student village', it's very centrally located so still within about 10 mins walk of anywhere on campus.

As the majority of postgrads live off-campus, most of the halls accommodation is undergraduate only. John Phillips is our only dedicated postgrad hall, and Harry French has a mix of undergrads and postgrads but the other halls are pretty much exclusively undergrad. Are there any reasons in particular you'd be inclined towards a mix? If noise is a concern, you have the opportunity to request a quiet room when selecting your accommodation preferences...

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions about any aspect of life at Loughborough, just shout!

Teresa
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Woopity woopity woop, you all get to suffer me for the next 3 years
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Penguinfarts)
    Woopity woopity woop, you all get to suffer me for the next 3 years
    Hello Penguinfarts

Congrats We look forward to welcoming you in September!

Amy
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Hello friendly Loughborough people! After achieving A*A*B and getting into this firm university of my choice to study Mathematics, you shall suffer my wrath come next month

A few questions:
    - I will be booking accomodation later. Any recommendations of what I should look into? I'd prefer some quiet spots close to the univeristy if possible :3
    - Also, I have achieved A*A*B and my offer was A*AA. Am I eligible for any financial support in the case where I over-achieve, so to speak?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by RDKGames)
    Hello friendly Loughborough people! After achieving A*A*B and getting into this firm university of my choice to study Mathematics, you shall suffer my wrath come next month

A few questions:
    - I will be booking accomodation later. Any recommendations of what I should look into? I'd prefer some quiet spots close to the univeristy if possible :3
    - Also, I have achieved A*A*B and my offer was A*AA. Am I eligible for any financial support in the case where I over-achieve, so to speak?
    Hey RDKGames

Fantastic news well done on the amazing results!! We look forward to seeing you in September :yy:

All of our Halls of Residence are either on or very close to campus, so wherever you live you'll be within walking distance. You can request quiet rooms too if this is something that interests you - there's more info here. If you take a look at the accommodation on the campus map you can see roughly where its all situated too.

I'm not sure if their will be any additional financial support available - I'd recommend taking a look at the info on our fees and financial support website. You could also call the Student Office who should be able to advise further - you can get them on 01509 222472.

Hope this helps - well done again, have a great day celebrating!

Amy

ReputationRep:
    I GOT INTO LOUGHBOROUGHHHHH
    Doing social psychology

ReputationRep:
    Heyy!! i have no clue about loughborough lmao, I got into it from insurance for chemistry anyone else?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by dpka1)
    I GOT INTO LOUGHBOROUGHHHHH
    Doing social psychology
    Amazing news dpka1 :h::h: well done!! Hope you have a great day celebrating, we look forward to meeting you next month!

Amy
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Michaelj99)
    Heyy!! i have no clue about loughborough lmao, I got into it from insurance for chemistry anyone else?

Well done Michaelj99 :yy::yy: great to hear you'll be joining us! You'll love it here check out our student experience video for life at Loughborough in a nutshell! If you have any questions about living and studying here just let us know.

See you in September!

Amy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loughborough University)
    Well done Michaelj99 :yy::yy: great to hear you'll be joining us! You'll love it here check out our student experience video for life at Loughborough in a nutshell! If you have any questions about living and studying here just let us know.

See you in September!

Amy
    thank you!
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    Hey RDKGames

Fantastic news well done on the amazing results!! We look forward to seeing you in September :yy:

All of our Halls of Residence are either on or very close to campus, so wherever you live you'll be within walking distance. You can request quiet rooms too if this is something that interests you - there's more info here. If you take a look at the accommodation on the campus map you can see roughly where its all situated too.

I'm not sure if their will be any additional financial support available - I'd recommend taking a look at the info on our fees and financial support website. You could also call the Student Office who should be able to advise further - you can get them on 01509 222472.

Hope this helps - well done again, have a great day celebrating!

Amy
    Thanks for the reply and information, Amy

I've received an email from Loughborough concerning the online registration which I have completed. On the Accomodation part, it states:

"If you have applied for University accommodation our Student Accommodation Centre will also contact you shortly. You will have a limited time to respond to their message, so don’t forget to check for emails regularly and take the necessary action promptly."

and if I go through the accomodation login, the information there displays Application, Offer, Induction, Arrival slot and Room bond status. All of these are 'Not available/applicable' except for application where it says 'Not currently available for your course. How To Apply'

Am I correct to assume that when SAC will contact me and I'll respond to their message, this information will change on the accomodation login? I'm rather confusing how it's working here as in the previous emails a month or two ago I was just told to sit tight until results day before I'm able to book any accomodation.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Thanks for the reply and information, Amy

I've received an email from Loughborough concerning the online registration which I have completed. On the Accomodation part, it states:

"If you have applied for University accommodation our Student Accommodation Centre will also contact you shortly. You will have a limited time to respond to their message, so don’t forget to check for emails regularly and take the necessary action promptly."

and if I go through the accomodation login, the information there displays Application, Offer, Induction, Arrival slot and Room bond status. All of these are 'Not available/applicable' except for application where it says 'Not currently available for your course. How To Apply'

Am I correct to assume that when SAC will contact me and I'll respond to their message, this information will change on the accomodation login? I'm rather confusing how it's working here as in the previous emails a month or two ago I was just told to sit tight until results day before I'm able to book any accomodation.
    No worries

So you should already have received an email from the Student Accommodation Centre advising you on how and when to apply (sent earlier this month). If you have already registered your account on the application system, you will be able to go online and reserve your room at the time slot you were given by the Student Accommodation Centre. If you have not already registered then you will need to do so first of all and then log on at the time slot you were given in the email.

If you are still having trouble with this (or if you haven't received this email) I'd give the Student Accommodation Centre a call on 01509 274488 or have a look on their announcements page.

Amy
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    No worries

So you should already have received an email from the Student Accommodation Centre advising you on how and when to apply (sent earlier this month). If you have already registered your account on the application system, you will be able to go online and reserve your room at the time slot you were given by the Student Accommodation Centre. If you have not already registered then you will need to do so first of all and then log on at the time slot you were given in the email.

If you are still having trouble with this (or if you haven't received this email) I'd give the Student Accommodation Centre a call on 01509 274488 or have a look on their announcements page.

Amy
    Ah it makes sense now! Looked back at the email and that should be around 2:30pm for me. Thanks for the help.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Ah it makes sense now! Looked back at the email and that should be around 2:30pm for me. Thanks for the help.
    No problem RDKGames

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.